Multiples
Options

My twins are here!

I popped last Saturday, July 24! My water broke at 2:15 am and we were in the hospital by 3:30 with my parents, in-laws, and L&D nurse sister-in-law following very shortly thereafter. I was 7cm dilated upon arrival even though I had only started to feel contractions at 2:45. They thought I was going to deliver before 5:30 and gave me an epidural, which stopped my dilating. Finally, after laboring for another 15 hours I was ready to go to the operating room for delivery. Samuel Philip Robert was born through a vaginal delivery at 10:47pm weighing 4lbs12oz and 18in and was 34weeks developed. Baby B decided to make sure he had a very memorable birth. Even though he was head down, he decided it would be fun to try and come out face first. So an emergency c-section it was. They had to work so fast to get him out that they couldn't wait for the pain medicine to take effect or put me under before they began surgery, I could feel them cutting and reaching in. Needless to say, I was screaming so loud my family could hear it all in the hall and the nurses and doctors were so upset some were crying. Emmett James Andrew was born at 11pm weighing 5lbs6oz and 19in. I have stitches on the inside and staples outside. To make the situation worse, at some point in delivery the tibial and sciatic nerves were stretched and I have no feeling or movement in my left foot, I am walking with a brace and walker. But it was all worth it! I am so over-the-moon in love with my boys and my husband is the most incredible man in the world, he takes such wonderful care of me. The boys are absolutely gorgeous (or handsome since they're little boys) and look so different from one another, Sam is fair skinned and light haired while Emmett is darker skinned and has very dark hair. I am so blessed as a mother and wife and it seems like I had no life until last Saturday and can't imagine one day without them!

Emmett with Pacifier  Sam the man

Re: My twins are here!

• Options
    Sorry to hear that you had such a rough labor, but congratulations!! You're boys are beautiful!!!
    MoM to twins!! L & O born 11/29/10
  • Options
    They are adorable! Sorry you had such a tough labor. Congratulations!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats on your handsome little boys!
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Options

Holy crap this has scared the you know what out of me! This is my worst fear. OMG....

Congrats on your boys though and you have a great attitude even after all you have been through. I hope your recovery is good :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congrats on your babies! Hope your recovery is a speedy one. I, too am scared to death now....shouldn't have read that part. Yikes!
  • Options
    Congratulations on your healthy baby boys! You are a strong woman for enduring pain like that and having a wonderful attitude afterwards. I hope you have a speedy recovery :)
  • Options
    jbl126jbl126 member
    Congrats and what a story.  Hope you have a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    Congrats!  You've got one heck of a story to tell!  Beautiful boys!
  • Options
    Congrats! They are beautiful!
  • Options
    Congratulations on your two adorable little guys!  I am sorry that such a rough, labor and delivery though.
    Nothing to see here....
  • Options
    Congratulations on your handsome little guys!  I hope your recovery is quick and easy!
    BFP July 09 - m/c Aug 09
    BFP Nov 09 - c/p Dec 09
    BFP Dec 09 - A&J born in August 2010 at 37w, 6d
    BFP Sept 11 - ectopic pregnancy/left tube removed
    BFP April 12 - E born December 2012 at 39w, 1d

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Sorry you had a tough delivery too!  Mine was horrible...

But aren't they just totally worth it?

Your boys are gorgeous!

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"