Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Update to $30,000 post

We didn't get back until late, and I was tired, so I didn't bother with the computer at all last night.

We talked with someone in the hospital's billing department face to face finally. He was disgusted that they had been sending us bills, and the way the collections department was handling the situation. I didn't even have to bring up the fact that it wasn't my responsibility to call the insurance companies before he offered to call and get things straightened out for us. 

We were stuck in this awful little room that smelled like mildew for 1/2 hour waiting, only to have him come back and tell us someone in the their billing department had put the medicaid processing on hold!  If anyone would have bothered to look at the file after I had left who knows how many messages, they would've known!

He told us that he was sorry for our loss, and that the hospital wasn't even aware of what had happened after he was transferred to Detroit.  He basically said they would've been more tactful had they known that we lost him. I'm not sure if that was supposed to make me feel better, but I left the office crying like I knew I would.

I'm glad the bill is finally taken care of, and I don't have to deal with this crap anymore!  The next time I have to deal with these people is in 4 months, and then hopefully never again. You have no idea how excited that makes me!

Re: Update to $30,000 post

• Options
    I'm so happy everything turned out for you!  Thanks for posting the update.
    BFP #1 2/10/10: No HB on 4/29/10 at 15 wk, D&C 4/30/10, Baby measured 11-12 wks. First Pregnancy and first loss. BFP #2 7/25/10: Blake Daniel arrived 3/25/11 BFP #3 3/9/12: Our Turkey Baby! Due Date: 11/19/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options

well thankfully you don't have tow orry about the bill anymore and it sounds like the guy was trying to be supportive, in the best way he could - even if it was a little awkward for you.

*hugs* 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Missing our sweet Angeline. BFP #1: 7.12.09 / EDD: 3.15.10 / Missed Miscarriage: 8.14.10
    BFP #2: 3.16.10 / EDD: 11.28.12 / Collin Rex born 12.1.10
    TTC#2: May 2012
    BFP #3: 7.5.12 / CP 7.12.12
    BFP #4: 1.28.12 / EDD: 10.11.13
    betas: 10dpo: 91 / 14dpo: 493 / first u/s: 3.4.13
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so glad they worked out everything for you- I know it was terribly awkward and difficult, but it is done. Thanks for the update. (((hugs)))
    Three losses in 2009, a miracle in 2010! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker The Method to My Madness, a PPD blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"