Infertility
Options

shooting up in a bathroom

So DH and I had to go to a bday party last night.  We got stuck in traffic on the way there, so by the time we got there I had to rush into the house and find a place to give myself my shots.  I locked myself in the bathroom, which I already felt weird about because it was not the cleanest bathroom ever, and I didn't know the people who's house it was very well. 

Right after I finish giving myself my third shot someone knocks on the door and automatically opens the door before I can reply (i mean why bother knocking??).  A girl I don't know half way walks in and sees me with all the wrappers, needles, etc all over the counter.  She quickly looks away and mumbles sorry while laughing slightly.  Good thing I didn't have any needles sticking out of my belly at the time she walked in.  Turns out even if the stupid door is locked, you could just push it open anyway.  We then had a very awkward exchange as I left the bathroom a minute later.

So at best she thinks I'm maybe a diabetic and at worst she thinks I was shooting up.  Not that I really care what she thinks because I don't know her and will never see her again, but I can only imagine what she was telling the other girls at the party.  I doubt she even suspected the real reason.

Anyway, on a better note I only have 3 or 4 more days of stims and should have my ER sometime between Tues and Thursday next week.  Which is a good thing because I'm running out of unbruised areas where they can draw blood and I can stick myself.

~Lauren~
**SAIF always welcome.**
After 2+ years, 3 losses, 3 surgeries, 2 IVFs and 1 FET our little girl is here.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
my read shelf:
Lauren (babystinkbreath)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
Read in 2011: 56/55
Read in 2012: 31/30
Read in 2013: 1/25
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: shooting up in a bathroom

• Options

Haha, who knows what that girl thought. I am sorry that happened to you, I would feel awkward like people were talking about me after that too!!!!

Hopefully you are almost done with all the shots! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

that is a pretty funny story. that chick totally should have waited to hear for a response before opening. i probably would have yelled at her for opening the door!

great news about your ER next week. best of luck to you!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

How rude, I hope she felt like poo after barging in on you.

Good luck on the rest of your stimming! I hope your ER goes well.

+++
  • Options
    I have done them in the car parked on the street during Mardi Gras in New Orleans!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"