Baby Names
Options

Having boy name issues

My husband and I both love the name Tyler, but for some reason I am just not convinced that Tyler is the right name for our little boy.  Other than Tyler we just aren't agreeing on much of anything else.  We do both like the following names:

Kyler (I know, very similar to Tyler, but more unique and I love the nickname Ky)

Cade (not a fan of Caden)

Kyan (rhymes with Ryan and again, like Ky as a nn)

Coleston (could go by Cole)

Any thoughts? 

Re: Having boy name issues

• Options

Wow, I think Tyler is really the best of all your choices there. Kyler just looks like you couldn't decide between Kyle or Tyler so you just combined them.

Coleston? It reminds me colonscopy bag for some reason. Not a pleasant image. I think Ryan is much, much better than Kyan. Again, Kyan looks like you couldn't decide between Ryan or Kyle so you combined them. I really just don't like the sound of Cade.

If you like Ky, I would suggest the name Kai which is pronounced like Ky.

Here's some info on it:

https://nameberry.com/babyname/kai

HTH

• Options

Honestly, Cade & Tyler are the only names in that post that don't sound completely made up... Kyan is definitely my least favorite. 

If you want to call your kid "Ky," why not just name him that? I've known boys named Kai, and it's a fine name... 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    acl926acl926 member

I already know a few people who's little one's are named Kai so that is why I want to stay away from just name him Kai.  Kyler and Kyan are actually names we found on a baby name site and aren't something we made up.  I wouldn't have even thought of them had I not seen them.

• Options

I posted on here when we were trying to decide whether to name DS Colton or Colston and someone told me that Colston made them think of Coldstone Creamery Ice Cream and they did not like it at all, lol! As you can see from my siggy we went with Colton =)!

Too many Cade/Cadens right now. However, I am a big fan of Kyler, I think that sounds more natural than Kyan. Although if you use Kyler you could not use Tyler as a middle name. Have you thought of using Tyler as a middle name? That way you'd have the option of calling LO that if Tyler seemed more fitting. Unless you already have the middle name picked out??

Good luck!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    acl926acl926 member
    imagebudgirl007:

I posted on here when we were trying to decide whether to name DS Colton or Colston and someone told me that Colston made them think of Coldstone Creamery Ice Cream and they did not like it at all, lol! As you can see from my siggy we went with Colton =)!

Too many Cade/Cadens right now. However, I am a big fan of Kyler, I think that sounds more natural than Kyan. Although if you use Kyler you could not use Tyler as a middle name. Have you thought of using Tyler as a middle name? That way you'd have the option of calling LO that if Tyler seemed more fitting. Unless you already have the middle name picked out??

Good luck!!

When we were throwing out other names for the first name Tyler was definitely an option for a middle name, but we have decided that the middle name will be a family name so now it is our top name for the first name since it is the only one we can both seem to agree on. Thanks for your input!!

• Options

I really like all those names you have picked out. I have a nephew named Kyler and everyone loves his name. Kyan, Cade and Coleston are all really neat and unique. Go for something u like!! Seems like u have a good style and dont let people on this board get u discouraged.

Fav would be Kyler and Kyan!

• Options
    lrn327lrn327 member
    Yep, I'd either go with Tyler or Kai like PP suggested.  The others are interesting but may be a little confusing. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Tyler and Cole are great names. 

Kyler and Kyan are too girly.  I don't like Cade or Coleston.

• Options
    I like Klyer with the nn Ky, but people will look at it funny and as a made up name.  Have you considered Caius? And call him Cai?  It's the same pronounciation and is an established name, but not over popular.
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • Options
    Umm... yeah, Kyler and Kyan are kinda bad, sorry. I don't like Coleston either... what about just Cole? Cade is okay... but I actually think Tyler is the best out of all the names.
  • Options

Would you consider Colton instead of Coleston?

If not, of all your choices, I guess I'd choose Cade.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options

I *think* we've finally settled on Tyler (go by Ty) for our 5day old son.  Lol.  Our other options were Jacob and Luke, if that helps at all.

I agree with everyone on Kyler and Kyan.  For me, the K and Y also make them very feminine.  I went to high school with a Kylene who we all called Ky, so it's all just very girly to me!  Of course, going with Kai is a totally different thing.

I would only go with Tyler or Cade

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"