Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

She's been up since 630 am w/no nap!! Help!!

I can't get her to go down for a nap!  The only time she will sleep today is at my breast.  I *thought* I got her nice and asleep after nursing and I put her in her crib.  She has been in there now for 30 minutes kicking the mattress and playing.  I keep hoping she will just fall asleep in there.  But no such luck.  Now she is starting to "talk" and fuss a bit. 

I don't know what to do.  I've never had issues like this before.  None of my usual go to nap tricks are working.

I'm contemplating going for a drive.

Re: She's been up since 630 am w/no nap!! Help!!

• Options
    She's probably in a total state of over-tiredness, my LO did that a few weeks ago...I drove around and she only slept for 30 min. Get in the car....
  • Options
    No advice really (besides going for a drive sounding like a good idea), just empathy. My DS stopped napping right around the same time. Before he would nap every 2 hours. Now it's a fight to get him to take 2 naps a day. He was always a good napper until recently. So frustrating. Hopefully this is a one time thing and not a new bad habit DD is picking up!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, I just needed the empathy!
  • Options
    Maybe she is trying to transition to a one nap schedule?
  • Options
    CTri17CTri17 member
    I'd let her fuss for 5 min or so and then give her a paci, she is over tired at this point so she is going to need some help to get to sleep, the crying/fussing will show her that she is tired. Then give her a paci and hum/sing to her and pat her.
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Options
    I feel your pain, baby J did that on Thursday.  If the car works....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Maybe nurse her in bed laying down so you both can take a nap.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DS was fussy all day today....3 barely 1 hour naps today and in bed for the night at 545pm!!!  Poor thing.....go for a car ride if that will give you sometime to think and her some rest!
  • Options

I know what your going through. DS slept horrible last night. I barely slept. I even brought him in bed with me trying to get him to sleep. I finally gave up and was up for the day at 7am. Now he wont nap. He slept for 15 mins then woke up and wont go back down. I tried rocking,bouncing him,napping with him. Nothing. He is super fussy and wont take a nap.

He's playing in his crib right now. He probably wont fall asleep but I'm waiting until he starts fussing to try again to get him to nap. Its been an exhausting day.

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"