March 2011 Moms
Options

1st appt was yesterday

I love the office I chose!  I didn't have to wait at all for my appt even though I was 20 min early.  I literally sat down in a chair with the additional questionnaire and they called my name not a minute later (they had sent initial paperwork by mail so I didn't have to do it when I arrived). 

I went right back and the lab girl did ht, wgt, bp, pee test.  She gave me a packet of paperwork that I read through while I waited on the dr.  I only had to wait maybe 5 min for the dr to come in.  We talked about history, answered my questions (she was really patient and willing to spend whatever amount of time I needed to answer questions) , did PAP and exam. 

After the exam I got to hear the heartbeat!  It was the best sound ever!  I was a little sad DH couldn't make it to the appt (he had to take off work earlier in the week for a 2nd interview with a CEO and since I didn't think it'd be anything big I didn't ask him to take off again).  The dr let me record the heartbeat on my phone (recorded as voice notes) so DH could hear it later.  Only u/s I'll have is at 20 weeks, so until then when we'll get to see LO it's nice to have the recording.

After hearing the heartbeat I was so happy I didn't even notice the needle poke during the blood draw.  Overall, I had a really great experience and am very excited to have found such a great office!

Sorry this got so long.

Re: 1st appt was yesterday

• Options
    That is so cool. We have our first appointment on Monday and I am getting so excited! I am glad you had such a good appointment and congrats on hearing the heartbeat!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart) i am never without it (anywhere i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling) i fear" -E.E. Cummings (In Memory of Baby Beluga 3-21-10)
  • Options
    That sounds like a great appt! Congrats! :)
    image DD Kara Ashton 11/16/01 SD Karlee Nicole 11/04/00 DD Karsyn Joy 5/15/09 DS Connor Mack 2/25/11 DD Kaitlyn Mae 12/14/12 2 angels 6/2/08 and 6/9/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How fun!  It sounds like my midwife's office is very similar (I have my first appt at 9w exactly as well and 20w u/s).  Do you keep on listening to the hb over and over? :)
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagechicsub:
    How fun!  It sounds like my midwife's office is very similar (I have my first appt at 9w exactly as well and 20w u/s).  Do you keep on listening to the hb over and over? :)

Must admit I've listened to it a couple more times since yesterday.  It's just such a wonderful sound, and it makes me smile like an every time.

• Options
    They could hear the heartbeat without an u/s, huh?  Did they use a doppler on your belly?  I thought that you couldn;t hear the hb that way until later, but I guess I was wrong.  That is so awesome...i'm glad you had a good appointment!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"