Success after IF
Options

Pregnancy Reading Recommendations

Do any of you have any pregancy reading recommendations?  Like, What to Expect when you're Expecting, etc?

Re: Pregnancy Reading Recommendations

• Options
    CMM05CMM05 member

Do NOT get "What to Expect," it will just make you worry.......it constantly talks about miscarriage and is a "downer" book.

I really liked "Your Pregnancy Week by Week."

That's the only PG book I had, so I don't have any other recommendation ;)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Mayo guide to pregnancy.

If nothing else, every woman should read the chapter on "If you have a c-section".  It's dead on, and perfect preparation.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy. She tells it to you straight. If you are going to BF you should read So That's What They Are For. 
  • Options
    I just ordered Your Pregnancy Week by Week, Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy and The Nursing Mother's Companion.  These are the books that a bunch of my gfs recommended.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageRoxBride:

Mayo guide to pregnancy.

If nothing else, every woman should read the chapter on "If you have a c-section".  It's dead on, and perfect preparation.

I also like the Mayo book. It has sections for every month about concerns and "when to call" or when to wait for your next appt...etc. I also like the section it in about the stages of labor, etc.  

• Options

Like pp said I avoided the waht to expect books. I did the Mayo Clinic Guide to Pregnancy and found it very helpful and a good resource for quick answers, never read it cover to cover.

FWIW I started reading the newborn and parenting stuff while preg and I think that helped me immensely, esp with bf-ing. I figured I would use the 9 months of downtime to see what I was in for!

• Options
    DochasDochas member
    I liked What to Expect and didn't find it to be any kind of a downer at all.  The Mayo one is great, too.  I read the Dr. Oz book as well and there were some useful things in there.  I loved The Girlfriend's Guide and I think everyone should read that.  I think it's the only book that warned about the drooling!  If you have a good library I would test drive them and see which one you want to buy and keep on your nightstand. 
    TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks, Ladies!!!  I forgot about the library.    LOL  I'll try checking some out.   Great idea!

Big Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"