Nebraska Babies
Options

for those of you with nannies

I'm currently looking for a nanny for a three year old and a baby.  they would work 35 hours per week.  right now i'm trying to figure out how much i will offer to pay per hour and what benefits i will offer, so i was wondering what other people do.  if you have a nanny, what do you pay and offer for benefits?
baby boy born 1/17/08 BFP 7/23/09 natural m/c 9/7/09 BFP 12/18/09 natural m/c 1/31/10 BFP 5/17/10 baby boy #2 born 1/23/11

Re: for those of you with nannies

• Options
    I was a nanny for 10 years before having DD. I started at $10 and made around $15 went I left. I had all the regular benefits besides health insurance.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Back in 2000 i moved here and was a live-in nanny for 6 boys all under the age of 10! I made $300 a week cash but didn't have to pay for anything and had full use of their suburban to haul them around all week to swimming lessons, golf, tennis, etc. and we were also at the pool (It was all done at Happy Hollow) every day after they were done with lessons. We ate lunch there pretty much every day too and i didn't pay for anything there either. I was "off" by 5ish. It was a great gig back then. No health insurance or anything like that but I didn't need it since I was still under my parents (they covered me until i was done with college).

Also, there were times when the days weren't very difficult because the mom was a SAHM so really I was there to help her (who wouldn't need help with 6 boys under 10?) so it felt like i was enjoying myself at the pool all summer and getting paid :)

Holly
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

wow maybe we should consider a nanny.... once  our little one comes I will be paying over $300/week in daycare, if I go off of the post about $300 a week, but it would be more if I paid them $10/hr since I would need them about 50hr a week. 

Does the nanny usually do more then watch kids? such as cleaning?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageILuvMyPilot:

wow maybe we should consider a nanny.... once  our little one comes I will be paying over $300/week in daycare, if I go off of the post about $300 a week, but it would be more if I paid them $10/hr since I would need them about 50hr a week. 

Does the nanny usually do more then watch kids? such as cleaning?

That depends on the family and what they want/ if the nanny is willing. I nannied for a family in the summers and would clean but the kids were laid back and liked playing together. I would do a load or two of laundry, any dishes we dirtied and light cleaning aka picked up after the kids. I made about 350 to 400 a week, depending on expenses for the week.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"