Breastfeeding
Options

low supply help!

this week my supply has taken a complete drop...i am usually good in the mornings and then late afternoon on i empty very quickly and dd isn't satisfied. i have no idea what to do...especially at bedtime. she empties both sides and is still hungry.

she has a milk protein allergy but will have nothing to do with nutramigen formula. i tried to give her 2 oz today after she ate and was still hungry but she refused.

should i try supplementing with a soy formula? i hate that its the weekend and can't get ahold of an LC. please help if you can...

Re: low supply help!

• Options
    Could you pump some in the mornings when your supply is good and supplement with that later in the day?  That's what I do.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    AC_DCAC_DC member
    Could be a growth spurt, which means that it's not that your milk is going down, it's that baby needs more.  This is good because your milk will catch up.  I used the herbal suppliment motherlove More Milk Plus and it was amazing.  I noticed an increase in my supply winthin 24 hours and it just made me feel better taking it, like I was doing something.  I didn't have to take it for long.  It just boosted my supply until my body got it that it needed to make more milk.  I kept the bottle and whenever I felt like my supply was going down I would take a few more days of it.  Really, probably just to make myself feel better but hey, it worked!!  I bought it at the vitamin cottage here in my town but our LC sells it too.  I think it was like 30 bucks but like I said, I still have the first bottle I bought.  Also, if you do buy it, get the capsuls.  The liquid tastes just TERRIBLE.  GL, hang in there, it won't be like this for long even though it may seem like it!  Your milk supply will rebound.  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"