Success after IF
Options

Poll: What books did/are you reading to LO tonight?

We always read the same 6 books every night even though we have a million.  Looking for some new ones.  Tonight we read  "Good Night Moon" "I Love You Through and Through" and "Snuggle Up, Sleepy Ones". 

twin girls after 43 months of TTC.. Katherine Emily (5 lbs 12 oz 19 1/4 in) and Karly Elizabeth (5lbs 7 oz 19 in) imageLilypie!!My bio!! !!My Blog!! imageimage

Re: Poll: What books did/are you reading to LO tonight?

• Options
    We read "I love You, Goodnight" about 7 times.  We usually read two books a night, but 7 times of the same book was enough for me.
    Ella- 8/22/08, Jules and Tuck- 12/15/10
  • Options

We always read The Going to Bed Book last.  Lately Ava has been obsessed with Dr. Seuss's ABC Book, so that is read at least 5 times a day (including before nap and bed).  Tonight we added The Belly Button Book to the mix (I'm a huge Sandra Boynton fan).

My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Betsy always asks me to read Someday.  It's a mom reading to her daughter about all the stuff she will experience someday.  It has the sweetest ending-

Someday, your own hair will glow silver in the sun,

And when that day comes, love, you will remember me.

I could not read it to Betsy right after I had Carly without crying!  I have seen it at Target.

Momma to 2 sweet girls here on earth and a precious baby boy in heaven
  • Options
    We read Piggies by Audrey Wood and When Dinosaurs Go Visiting.  Last night we read one of my old books from childhood called A Little House of My Own.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageJillRock96:

We always read The Going to Bed Book last.  Lately Ava has been obsessed with Dr. Seuss's ABC Book, so that is read at least 5 times a day (including before nap and bed).  Tonight we added The Belly Button Book to the mix (I'm a huge Sandra Boynton fan).

We are HUGE Sandra Boynton fans too.  Tonight we read Snuggle Puppy and Pajama Time. :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kegkeg member

I get a bunch of books from the library every few weeks so that mixes things up a bit.  If I really like a book, I order it from amazon and add it to our collection.  Here are some of my recent acquisitions:

I want to say I love you 

The Peace Book

God's Dream

2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Options
    imageJillRock96:

Another Sandra Boynton family here. We always do The Going to Bed Book and we read Moo, Baa, La La La at least 2-3 times.

After 20 months, 3 Clomid cycles and 4 IUI cycles, IVF #1 with ICSI = BFP!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    no books tonight...cal was way too tired.  but these days it's any number of books.  he was SO into books for so long, and had some very clear favorites...now, he's not quite as into books as he was (still happy to read, just not insistent) and isn't as particular about the book.  he does love "the going to bed book," the "cat" book by matthew van fleet, (he was obsessed with this one for a long time), "good night cape cod," "brown bear, brown bear, what do you see?" "that's not my dinosaur"...he really likes the new book he got at his last well-baby visit, called "down on the farm."
    Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
    LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
    LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I try to read to Paige every day. She loves to "read" on her own as well. However, my question to everyone....does your child sit through the book.  We get through half of Goodnight Moon and she's ready to take off. I'm just curious if your little ones will sit.

The only time she stops is for Yo Gabba Gabba....and after a week with grandma it's a week of deprogramming. At home she gets one maybe two episodes a day....at grandma's lets just say....A LOT MORE then that. LOL.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We're also a Sandra Boynton family (I used to love her greeting cards when I was growing up).  The book we read at home before they go to bed is the Going to Bed Book.  When we're at one of the grandparents houses' (which seems to be a lot lately) we read Pajama Time.  I like making a rap out of Pajama Time.  My sister read the Going to Bed book with a french accent one time.  It made me laugh so hard and now I do it every once in a while.
  • Options

With DS we usually read 4-5 of the 30+ we have from the library and switch out every two weeks. 

DDs faves lately are Mommy Loves Me (don't know the author but it's a DK book.  I love it too, makes me tear up sometimes). I Love You All The Time, Goodnight Moon, and any picture book of animals. 

• Options
    imagenancy814:

I try to read to Paige every day. She loves to "read" on her own as well. However, my question to everyone....does your child sit through the book.  We get through half of Goodnight Moon and she's ready to take off. I'm just curious if your little ones will sit.

The only time she stops is for Yo Gabba Gabba....and after a week with grandma it's a week of deprogramming. At home she gets one maybe two episodes a day....at grandma's lets just say....A LOT MORE then that. LOL.

They went through a phase where they wanted me to read but they didn't want to sit for it.   A few weeks ago, I told them if they wanted a book they had to sit on their beds.  I sit on the bench in their room and read to them and now they lay down and listen.  It's nice and peaceful.

twin girls after 43 months of TTC.. Katherine Emily (5 lbs 12 oz 19 1/4 in) and Karly Elizabeth (5lbs 7 oz 19 in) imageLilypie!!My bio!! !!My Blog!! imageimage

• Options
    kegkeg member
    imagenancy814:

I have one DD that does pretty well sitting and one that doesn't.  How I do bedtime books is that I get them ready for bed and put them in their cribs.  I sit at the end of their cribs (they are beside each other with a long side together) and read their books.  They usually stand at the end of their crib and pay attention, but sometimes they wander around their crib or "read" another book that's in their crib.  It works well and no one is fighting over sitting on my lap. ;-) 

2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Options

Peek-A-Who is a big favorite around here, we begin and end with this one :)

https://www.amazon.com/Peek-Who-Nina-Laden/dp/0811826023/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_1

• Options

Thanks for all the book suggestions :)

I ordered the Sandra Boynton books and we are going to pick some up at the Library.  Thanks again.

• Options
    None.  I was on my own with them tonight for baths, bottles and bed and had no time/patience to make that happen.  Wink

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    No books tonight since we came home late but he wanted to listen to his Baby Buluga CD by Raffi so we cuddled and listened and sang to it.
    imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

We didn't read tonight but we got this book at the library a few weeks ago and I loved it so much I can't get it out of my head!  Perfect for a family with a girl named Kate, or a little boy with an older sister ...

https://www.amazon.com/Prince-Wont-Go-Bed/dp/0374361088/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1280541865&sr=8-1

• Options
    The toddlers bible. My girls love it and so does mommy.

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

• Options
    laura1laura1 member
    We did Moo Baa Lalala, and What Makes a Rainbow?  DS likes certain books, and often just certain pages (if there is a car, truck, etc. on it) so we often don't finish, or he just turns the pages so fast I can't read all the words.
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Time for Bed by Mem Fox is one of our bedtime staples. I usually read him one book while I'm holding him standing, just before I sing and rock him a bit -- it's the only way he'll be still at bedtime. At other times of day he will bring me book after book. Sometimes he'll sit and listen, but sometimes he's off grabbing more books while I'm still reading the first one he gave me.

Another one of our favorites is Sometimes I Like to Curl Up In a Ball. I do lots of actions with this one, and he'll actually pay attention and make me read it over and over.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    CMM05CMM05 member

Tonight we read:

1) Baby Bop's Sleepy Time

2) Dora Goes to the Doctor

3) Hooray for School (a story with the Nick Jr characters)

4) Mater and the Ghost Light

5) Hero of the Rails (a Thomas story)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    "Time for bed". G loves this one and normally insists he hears it every night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"