Cincinnati Babies
Options

NBR: House Cleaning Services

Hi Ladies,

I am seriously considering hiring someone to clean my house at least once per month. DH and I both work full time and have very little time with our DD. We usually clean the house on Friday nights so that we can at least enjoy Saturday & Sunday with our DD.

Any recos? How much do they typically charge? Is $15 per hour a good rate?

TIA! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: House Cleaning Services

• Options

We use Vesco Cleaning, and we love them.  Right now, we do once a month, and it is such a help to me.  I feel like I have more weekend time to play rather than clean.  Cost depends on the size of your home.  They do our whole house.  4BR 2.5 baths, and basement for $120.  Worth every cent. 

If you call them, they will put you completely at ease.  We have used them for over a year, with consistent results every time.  You can definitely drop my name if they ask who referred you.  They are fabulous.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks for the reco. I think you had also recommended the carpet cleaning company that I use now too (family run business that does not advertise in Blue Ash).

What does the $120 include? Does it include dusting, wiping down baseboards, wiping down walls, etc? Do they bring their own cleaning supplies or do you need to provide them? How long does it usually take to clean a house your size? Mine is similar. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't have a reco - I've yet to find someone who I like.

I just wanted to say stay away from Maid Pro.  They suck.  Major suck.  

We hired them to come in and do a 'move in' clean at our new place and I swear not a thing they checked off on the list they left was actually done.

We paid almost $300 for them to fold the ends of freakin' toilet paper in the bathrooms into fun little shapes.

Did I mention they suck?

-h

• Options

They were here a few days ago, and were done in about 3 hours.   Two people do the cleaning, and one follows them with the floor cleaning.  The owners are very hands on, and one of them is here every time they come. They bring their own supplies, but they will use yours if you prefer certain products (ie eco friendly products, etc.).  We always let them use what they prefer, because what they do works well.

They clean the bathrooms, scrub tile, tub, toilets, vanity, wash mirrors, spot clean walls and baseboards.  In the kitchen, they wipe everything, load the dishwasher, clean the cook top, polish the stainless appliances, clean microwave, ceiling fans and lights are dusted, wipe cabinet faces, etc.  In the bedrooms, they dust everything including lights, fans, etc, change sheets and put the old ones in the laundry room.  Living areas are dusted, straightened, and mirrors and glass cleaned.  Someone follows the cleaning crew and does all the floors: vacuuming, furniture and upholstered chairs vacuumed, hardwoods polished, tile floors mopped.  I hope I didn't miss anything.  They do a great job!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I second Vesco. They just cleaned yesterday and my husband says it looks great, as usual.  I'm 2000 miles away in California or I'd tell you myself!  We've been using them for over a year and have been really happy with the job they do.

• Options

We also use Vesco Cleaning, and we love them!!!!!  Right now, we do once a month too and they do a GREAT job!  I would highly recommend them!!!

• Options
    We use a private person who isn't taking any new clients right now, but I just wanted to say DO IT!! Ours comes every 3 weeks and it's truly the best thing we ever did.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options
    Wow! 3 recommendations for the same company. I just called Jeremy but he was driving so he will call me back. He sounds like a really nice guy. Thanks for the reco!
  • Options

imagejerseygirl81:
    We use a private person who isn't taking any new clients right now, but I just wanted to say DO IT!! Ours comes every 3 weeks and it's truly the best thing we ever did.

Hey Jene - how much does your person charge? I had contacted a private person and they charge $15 per hour. Is that average? How long does it take a single person to clean your home? Do you have to provide the cleaning supplies? 

• Options

We pay ours per cleaning, and she charges $100. I'm surprised you got a quote that low. I think it takes her about 4 hours, and she brings all of her own supplies but we prefer a few eco-products so she uses those, instead. She brings her own buckets, mops, rags, etc.

Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options
    Thanks, Jene.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board