Pre-School and Daycare
Options

How to you organize DD's hair things

Right now I have everything separated in those little $1 Target buckets - ponytail holders and little clippies in one, barrettes in another, plus other buckets for nailpolish and jewelry.

They look cute on her counter but if you actually want anything you need to dump out the bucket.

Also, do you clip together matching barrettes? I'm wondering if I should start doing this.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How to you organize DD's hair things

• Options
    MC made Allie a really cute hair bow holder for her 1st B-day we use.  I clip all bows to it and another holder I have made.  The small things go into a box I have. Headbands hang on our towel rack in the bathroom. (I know Klassy, right?)
  • Options
    Would that work for non-bows? DD just has a few little bows that are on clips. Most of what we have are "jaws" clips or barrettes - the kind you bend back and forth to clip, mostly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebrightning:
    Would that work for non-bows? DD just has a few little bows that are on clips. Most of what we have are "jaws" clips or barrettes - the kind you bend back and forth to clip, mostly.

The bow holders should.  We have a few like that and clip right on.  Let me see if I can find an etsy seller with some.  

• Options
    Mine are similar to this. Custom Ladybug Bow and Clip Holder
  • Options
    I put DD's things in those plastic Gerber babyfood containers, sorted by color.  So there are probably 10 containers.  Each has rubber bands, barrettes, bows, etc.  They are all in the closet.  Works for us! 
  • Options

I think I may order one of these or see about making one.  It would help with the headband issue. 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/45949471/flower-clip-and-accessory-holder

• Options

I don't -- they're all in one bin and she has to dig through for what she wants.

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    I have her barrettes and bows clipped onto heavy cardstock paper pieces, rubber bands were bought at walmart and already come in seperate compartments, other barrettes and pony tail holders are seperated into mini-snack-size sandwich baggies.  Her hair brushes and detangling spray along w/ everything else I mentioned are all in one of the bins that is part of the bin organizer shelves from Target (the plastic bin shelf that costs around $60).  Hope that makes sense :o)
  • Options
    JenOSUJenOSU member
    For barrettes I use a message board with the criss-crossed ribbon. I just slide them on there and it hangs on her wall.  I put them on there as pairs.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
     (born at 35 weeks due to pre-eclampsia)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Olivia Claire born sleeping at 17 weeks (measuring 16) October 5, 2014
    MC 8/06 at 5w 3d
    MC 7/27/09 at 7w 2d
    MMC 12/2/11 discovered at 7w 6d
    ruptured ectopic (loss of right tube) 6/27/13 at 6.5 weeks

• Options
    I bought those plastic pencil holders in the school supply section. I put pony tail holders in one and clips in another.  
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"