Oregon Babies
Options

Infant Pool Floaties

My lo is 7 weeks, hubby and I are going to take her to the pool tonight for the first time. Is there any floaties for little infants that I can go out and get tonight. I found the ones with the canopies but it looks like it may be too big for my li.

Any suggestions....

Thanks

Jess 

Re: Infant Pool Floaties

• Options
    In my opinion, 7 weeks is WAY too little for being in a pool with or without a floaty.. We jumped the gun and took DD into the pool when she was 4 months old, and she got quite a cold and was sick for about 2 weeks after.  The doctor said it was because her lungs aren't ready to be inhaling the chlorine fumes.  Even now at 5 1/2 months, I won't take her in a pool that has chlorine in it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

i can't imagine the pool itself making LO sick, but 7 weeks is very little for a pool. but i also don't believe that wives tale that going out without a coat will catch you a cold.

definitely don't put her in a floater. she has ZERO defenses if something unexpected happens. (say a bigger kid jumps in the pool, making waves and tipping her around or worse). they don't make them...because i don't think there is much demand for them. 

enjoy the pool! but keep LO close! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    btw...any floater would be for a sitting baby. is your 7 week old sitting? or holding her head up? i don't remember those things happening until at least 3 months or so. man it was a long time ago already! write EVERYTHING down because you won't remember. my bad.
  • Options
    Not to be a pain in the butt, but I do agree 7 weeks is too little for a chlorinated pool. The pediatrician recommends you don't take your baby swimming until at least 6 months. Their skin and lungs are too sensitive. They won't even allow you to do swim lessons or anything like that with a baby under 6 months at the pool that I go to. If you do decide to take her, be careful! And don't stay in too long. :) GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"