TTC after 35
Options

I fought the radiologist re: HSG and won! (sorry, really long)

I'm posting this to tell you that it IS possible to fight an unjust medical bill.

my RE prescribed an HSG. the radiologist (not part of RE's practice)  seriously STABBED my cervix for five minutes. she couldn't get inside. she couldn't believe that I had delivered vaginally before. she said she didn't want to go any further and said I'd need to get the test done at a hospital -- "in case something went wrong." then she said, "maybe this is why you're having problems conceiving."

of course, I left the office sobbing and called my nurse at my RE's office. she got me in the next day so the RE could check my cervix. TOTALLY clear. at that point, it was too late in my cycle to get the test retaken, so I had to wait yet another month. with another doc, I literally didn't feel ANYTHING.

then I get a massive bill from the first place. I said there was no freaking way I am paying this! not only did the radiologist stab me, she scared me to death, she made me have to pay for an additional doc's visit and an additional test, AND -- most of all -- she delayed me by a month.

I called the radiology practice and told them what a horribile experience I had and told them the fact that the test had not been done.I thought they were going to charge me something for the attempt, but they waved the whole thing!

so ladies -- if an injustice has been done to you, fight it. this is such an emotional frustrating time as it is!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I fought the radiologist re: HSG and won! (sorry, really long)

• Options

Party!!!

I don't know how you managed to leave there with out giving the radiologist a black eye for a couple reason. 

I'm glad you won. 

• Options
    ALF222ALF222 member
    Nicely done!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options

Awesome!  What is with people!?

-Pix

About me: A pixie in the city, 41, TTC #1 since May 2010, married 18 years. Diagnosed with, surgically removed, endometrioma Aug.2010 Sept 2010 IUI #1=BFN, Oct=cyst/bfn, Nov 2010 IUI #2 = bfn. Had to postpone IUI #3 b/c of a cyst natural=BFN. Skipped IUI #3, decided to go for IVF. Found/removed uterine polyps Jan 2011. IVF cancelled, no follicles. IVF #2: 3 great embies put in on Easter Sunday = BFN. Hoping for another chance at IVF in July. TTC is NOT for wimps. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/2fab90/ttc.png
  • Options
    I'm playing the theme song to Rocky in your honor! Way to go!
    1 ectopic 3 m/c's prior to 5/05 Un-freaking-explained IF 5/05 IVF, BFN 9/05 FET 3d5e, BFP = Beautiful Baby Girl (lucky pg #5) 8/08 Fet 3d5e, cp 12/08 IVF with PGD, transfer 3, BFN 5/09 FET transfer 4, BFN Hail Mary IUI with Follistim 9/11 BFP; 9/22 confirmed tubal/MTX 4/10 FET 3d5e, BFP!!!! m/c 5/26/10 1 year break and yet another m/c 5/11 FET #5 initial beat 121, second beta 7 Lap and removal of L tube and very mild endo 7/11 Suprise BFP 12/11 & m/c @ 8 wks. After 11 losses and one beautiful miracle our journey is over, we are thankful and at peace.
  • Options
    woo-hoo!  Yes
  • Options
    okay.  now i'm very nervous.  i have an hsg scheduled for next thursday.  i've heard that it can be anywhere from feeling barely anything to very painful, but i haven't heard stabbing :(
    imageimageimageimageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Sounds like a terrrible experience! I just had an HSG this week and actually the Reproductive OB/GYN put in the cathether and injected the dye while the radiologist took and interpreted the photos, it was great that I was able to find out the results instantly! 

• Options
    Wow!  I'm glad they waved it.
  • Options
    Way to go!!!
  • Options
    OscarQOscarQ member
    Good for you!  That radiologist sounds like a sadist.
  • Options

Thanks, ladies. With all of the frustration TTC, it's good to feel victorious for once!

And to the poster who was afraid of feeling pain with the test... Just make sure to go to someone who has performed a lot of them. I think that was my problem the first time around. the second doc I went to routinely has done them. I truly didn't feel a thing. nothing! good luck!

• Options
    I'm glad you didn't have to pay. What a horrible thing to go through.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"