Two Under 2
Options

1x napper vs a 2x napper

So what are the schedules of your 1x and 2x per day nappers? 

Both of my LOs typically get up anywhere between 8:30-10am. #2 goes down for a nap at 11, which lasts about 45 minutes and then both go down for a nap at about 2pm. I love having them nap at the same time because that's a 2+ hr break for me...to relax, nap, or more likely - get stuff done around the house.

So we recently noticed #1 having trouble getting to sleep...he'll play in his crib for well over an hour before falling asleep. Then he's sleeping in...so I know I need to move his nap up.

But I really want to avoid having 1+ kids up at all times! Obv #2 will be taking 2 naps for a while...

Re: 1x napper vs a 2x napper

• Options
    #2 is often awake for most of #1's nap. #1 naps for 2 hours around noon. #2 naps at about 9, 12, and 3.
    Mama to D 6.16.08 and C 3.11.10
    Tales of the Wife

imageimage
  • Options

Baby #1 is up at 6am and baby #2 is up at 6:30am.

Baby #1 naps around 8:30 for about an hour.  Baby #1 and #2 nap usually around 11:30 or 12:00 for an hour and a half...2 hours only if I'm luck.y.  Then baby #1 takes another shorter nap around 4.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

When DD1 turned 2, her sleep started majorly changing! She went from sleeping 9-9 and napping 1-5. Now she sleeps 10/10:30 (not bedtime, but she's in a big kid bed and keeps getting up!) until 8 and naps 2:30-5.

DD2 naps 11:30-12:30 and 3-6/6:30. I need that alone time, so it's not uncommon for me to wake DD2 up from her first nap so that she'll go down early enough that their afternoon naps coincide.

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Options

Ds#2 wakes up at 6:30am.  Ds#1 wakes between 7-8.  Ds#2 naps around 9:30 for 30-45 minutes.  They both nap at 12:30ish for (hopefully!) 2-3 hours.  Ds#2 goes down for the night at 6:30. Ds#1 goes to bed at 7:30.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

My kids are very flexible with their naps. Olivia usually is ready to go down anywhere from 4-6 hours after she wakes up, so this can be any time from 11-2, depending. She almost always sleeps for 2 hours.

Ellie is still very touch and go with naps. Today was a banner day and she took 2 2-hour naps at 9 and 1, which to me is perfect and I wish she would do it every day! However, she is generally a terrible napper (catnaps, etc) so we work around her. She often naps best in her carseat or stroller, so if she is tired and we need to go do something anyway I try to plan it around that.

Basically, I do have at least 1 up at all times. Usually 1 will wake up just as the other is going down. It does make getting chores done a bit more difficult, and I have very little to no time to myself during the day, but it is what it is. I can't force my 5 month old to sleep, she's just too darned stubborn.

For your oldest, could you try waking him up earlier in the morning? I know this sounds crazy, but maybe if he is up earlier, he will tire out and let himself fall asleep earlier at night and that could help adjust his schedule. Also, what time are you putting him down? Do you do a bedtime routine? Does he have toys in bed? Does he get to run around outside a lot? (I find that Liv wears out faster the days we are outside, the sun tires her out.) Hopefully things will get easier for you soon!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Joe and Ashley ~ June 16, 2007 ~ Olivia Rae ~ May 12, 2008 ~ 9:06 pm ~ 8lbs 4oz ~ 20.5 inches ~ Miscarriage of twins ~ April 16, 2009 at 6 weeks. ~ Surprise BFP 6/23/09 13DPO ~ Eleanor Rose ~ February 18, 2010 ~ 6lbs 15oz ~ 20 inches ~ Caroline Ruth ~ February 19, 2013 ~ 6lbs 12 oz ~ 19 1/4 inches

Our family is complete!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"