Hawaii Babies

Freezer meals

This is going to be a completely useless first post, since I don't remember where I got my ideas for freezer meals from.  I'm going to try to find them, but I only made one or two, plus I made little meatloaves for myself since MH wont' eat them. 

However, if anyone else has good ideas, feel free to share here!

Re: Freezer meals

• https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/25364966.aspx

I found this link in my email.  I know I used some of these recipes, but I can't see them now b/c they are blocked from work!

• Before I gave birth, I cooked and froze a few things. I made split pea soup, black bean vegetable soup, chili, spaghetti, and a pot roast. Our doula also brought us over a frozen baked ziti. They all froze and re-heated well.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I made lasagnas, spaghetti sauce, white bean and ham soup, beef barley soup, chili, and twice-baked potatoes to freeze, along with frozen chicken breasts, turkey burgers, and chicken sausages.  We haven't had to bust into an of it yet, since family has been cooking for us this week, but it's nice to know it's there for when we need it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • ditto pp....baked pastas freeze well (baked ziti, manicotti, lasagna, etc)...as does chili and a good homemade meat sauce for pasta.....any kind of chicken you cook or stir fry will also freeze well....
  • What do/did you guys freeze your meals in?  Those tin foil casserole containers?  I'm going to start making some freezable meals soon.
    I love Hawaii!

Tara & Ian . 4/24/2008 . The Kahala Planning . Married

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrsIH:
    What do/did you guys freeze your meals in?  Those tin foil casserole containers?  I'm going to start making some freezable meals soon.

I used zip lock bags - actually, one article I saw said to double bag it and in between the 2 bags, put on a piece of paper what it is, and the instructions on how to cook it!  I thought that was a great idea so you didn't have to go hunting for it later!

• imageMrsNJSwimmer:

imageMrsIH:
    What do/did you guys freeze your meals in?  Those tin foil casserole containers?  I'm going to start making some freezable meals soon.

I used zip lock bags - actually, one article I saw said to double bag it and in between the 2 bags, put on a piece of paper what it is, and the instructions on how to cook it!  I thought that was a great idea so you didn't have to go hunting for it later!

my mom used to freeze things for me when I had an apt. my last year of college(as if I couldn't cook on my own! haha).  She would put it in a ziplock and then put the bag in a casserole dish so that it kind of froze into the shape it needed to be when I cooked it (and was flat for storage).  It was a great system.  I would take the frozen block of (usually) pasta and put it my small casserole dish and heat it in the oven.

• imageMauiWedding08:
    imageMrsNJSwimmer:

imageMrsIH:

my mom used to freeze things for me when I had an apt. my last year of college(as if I couldn't cook on my own! haha).  She would put it in a ziplock and then put the bag in a casserole dish so that it kind of froze into the shape it needed to be when I cooked it (and was flat for storage).  It was a great system.  I would take the frozen block of (usually) pasta and put it my small casserole dish and heat it in the oven.

that's a great idea too!!
  • imageMrsNJSwimmer:
    imageMauiWedding08:
    imageMrsNJSwimmer:

imageMrsIH:

that's a great idea too!!

I was just thinking about this more and I bet she froze it in the dish then popped it out and just put it in the bag.  That would probably be easier??  The only reason I think this is because she would also make turkey taco soup for me and those were in little squares too and she would put multiple frozen soup squares in one ziplock.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"