Northern California Babies
Options

Ellen leaving AI...

How sad.  :(  With Simon and Ellen both leaving, this show's future is not lookin' good.  Not a fan of Kara and although I usually like Randy, he doesn't have the same charisma IMO. 

Who will step up to the plate?

Re: Ellen leaving AI...

• Options
    I just read something about J-Lo?
  • Options
    You know, I'm actually not too sad about it.  I love Ellen and love watching her talk show but I don't think she added much to the show as a judge.  I actually heard a couple of days ago the peeps on the radio talking about how they were trying to lure back one of the original producers (Nigel Lythgoe who does SYTYCD) and that he if it were up to him the show would be far less about the judges and their personalities and more about the talent.  So if Simon ever left the show he would scrub the judge's panel completely and try something a little different.  I think it could be kind of exciting if they made it more about the singers and less about the judges and their crazy antics.  As it was, I wasn't too excited to watch the new season w/just Ellen, Randy and Kara.  Randy is so useless and Kara is annoying IMO. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree. I can't stand Kara. Every time they show here, I can't hold myself back from exclaiming "I can't stand her". She inspires just the most severe irritation in me. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageMrs_Shmoopie:
    You know, I'm actually not too sad about it.  I love Ellen and love watching her talk show but I don't think she added much to the show as a judge.  I actually heard a couple of days ago the peeps on the radio talking about how they were trying to lure back one of the original producers (Nigel Lythgoe who does SYTYCD) and that he if it were up to him the show would be far less about the judges and their personalities and more about the talent.  So if Simon ever left the show he would scrub the judge's panel completely and try something a little different.  I think it could be kind of exciting if they made it more about the singers and less about the judges and their crazy antics.  As it was, I wasn't too excited to watch the new season w/just Ellen, Randy and Kara.  Randy is so useless and Kara is annoying IMO. 

Good points, Sol!  But- Uggh- Nigel?  He bugs me.  But- yeah- it should be more about the talent!

• Options
    I'm sad about Ellen AND Simon.  I'm not a fan of Kara and Randy doesn't usually have anything interesting to say.  Nigel thinks he's all that but he's not as "cool" as he likes to think he is.   I wonder who will be on the panel. I'm still gunning for Bret Micheals!  lol
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    I'm sad that both Simon & Ellen will be gone and hope they find a replacement that Kara will find repulsive because I could NOT stand seeing her practically laying on Simon/crawling all over him all.the.time. 
  • Options
    I just heard this morning that Kara got fired.
  • Options

I heard Jessica Simpson!  Blech!

I can't believe how many of you hate on Kara!  I didn't like her her first season but I totally loved her this past season.   I love her style too.  She's an awesome pairing with Simon, it's really going to suck without him.  

I want this panel:  Kara, Randy, Harry Connick Jr, Ellen.  

(I know Ellen is leaving but she's so funny I liked her just for the comedic aspect!) 

The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Kara, to me, is one of those women who basically was a dork in school and always wanted to be in the "cool crowd". Now she is famous for writing terrible songs and she is just trying way too hard. Everytime I see her with that expression on her face, that says " I have to say something really pithy and relevant here", it irritates me. And the crawling on Simon was really annoying too. Now don't get me wrong, I was a dork too, but I never entertained the idea of being "cool". 

Simon was the heart of the judging panel and I love his "I don't care what anyone thinks about what I am about to say" attitude. I didn't always agree, but i mostly did

Ellen was actually pretty OK. She maybe didn't know all the musical jargon but I think she was a pretty good judge. I didn't like how they treated her, like she was an outcast.

Randy is OK, but his teeth are really weird and also didn't understand his taste that much. "for me it was just alright". was his favorite line. I often did not agree with him.

As far as Jessica Simpson, if she is a "Judge"  I will never watch the show again. I thought that they should get Victoria "Posh spice" Beckham, she did a great job in the auditions. And Mary J was good too.  

• Options
    Oh yeah, Harry Connick Jr. would be good too! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"