Illinois Babies

Prentice delivery? What free stuff do they give out?

I will be delivering at Prentice. I have several diaper bag coupons from Gerber, Similac, etc. I was just wondering if anyone delivered at Prentice and was able to receive the free gift? Did you get anything else? A friend of mine received a car seat after delivery.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Prentice delivery? What free stuff do they give out?

• Well, this was 2 1/2 years ago, but I don't recall getting more than a few coupons for fomula and some samples of other stuff...soap, maybe? And coupons for other things.

No free carseat! 

I got more when I delivered my twins at Swedish and even then it was just some samples of Enfamil and a reusable tote bag. They did give us some silver baby spoons.

Really though, it's not about the free stuff. And I kind of wish hospitals wouldn't give formula coupons and samples away to moms who want to breastfeed. I feel like it sends the wrong message. They should offere samples of like Lansinoh or storage bags or something. Not that you have to BF if you don't want too, but if you do, don't take the samples!

• Ummm, nothing?  I delivered at Prentice and unless I've totally forgotten, I don't think we got anything free.  I mean, I took extra diapers, baby t's and pads for me, but that's about it.  

A friend of mine had a baby in CA and received a free stroller.  Maybe this is common other places?   

TTC #1 since 6/08. Cycle #6 - BFP 12/22/08, EDD 9/3/09, DD 8/14/09 at 37w1d
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2 since 6/11
    me=36 - low AMH, DH=38
    BFP #2 - 8/31/11, EDD 5/10/12, M/C 9/23/11
    BFP #3 - 3/4/12, EDD 11/14/12, CP 3/11/12
    BFP #4 - 5/9/12, EDD 1/19/13, CP 5/11/12
    BFP #5 - 8/22/12, EDD 5/5/13, CP 8/24/12
    IVF#1 - January 2013 - EPP/Antagonist - 7R, 3M, 2F, 3dt of 2 8-cell embies
    BFP #6 - 2/3/13, EDD 10/15/13, DS 9/18/13 at 36w1d
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelaura3462:
    I will be delivering at Prentice. I have several diaper bag coupons from Gerber, Similac, etc. I was just wondering if anyone delivered at Prentice and was able to receive the free gift? Did you get anything else? A friend of mine received a car seat after delivery.

Nope, no car seats or anything that nice/expensive.  Basically, whatever is in the baby drawers under their little bassinet, i.e. diapers, the little side snap shirts, the blankets.  And my nurse gave me some formula in case I would need it.

• imagelaura3462:

Nope, no car seats or anything that nice/expensive.  Basically, whatever is in the baby drawers under their little bassinet, i.e. diapers, the little side snap shirts, the blankets.  And my nurse gave me some formula in case I would need it.

• imageErinCB:

Well, this was 2 1/2 years ago, but I don't recall getting more than a few coupons for fomula and some samples of other stuff...soap, maybe? And coupons for other things.

No free carseat! 

I got more when I delivered my twins at Swedish and even then it was just some samples of Enfamil and a reusable tote bag. They did give us some silver baby spoons.

Really though, it's not about the free stuff. And I kind of wish hospitals wouldn't give formula coupons and samples away to moms who want to breastfeed. I feel like it sends the wrong message. They should offere samples of like Lansinoh or storage bags or something. Not that you have to BF if you don't want too, but if you do, don't take the samples!

I see nothing wrong with taking samples of formula if you plan on breastfeeding.  My milk didn't come in until after I was discharged.  You may very well have every intention of breastfeeding, but things could change that aren't in your power or control.

• they won't just give them out, but you can ask for:

a pump kit - lots of extra parts if you have a pump at home

hydrogel pads for nursing

pacifiers

lanolin cream

• Just delivered there this past Monday - nada. Just the basic odds and ends (baby brush, soap, blanket, etc.).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"