Two Under 2
Options

How was your second pg?

I'm 29 weeks along and DD is 10 months old.  This pregnancy has been so much harder on me than the last one.  I know a large part of it is the fact that I still had 30 lbs of pg weight to lose when I got pregnant again.  And of course DD requires a lot of attention so I don't have a lot of time to just relax.  But seriously, everything hurts.  I walk 3-4 times a week and swim 3-4 times a week, so I'm staying active.  But my feet hurt, I have tons of BH contrax whenever I so much as stand for more than 15 minutes (and they're uncomfortable this time around - last time I could barely feel them).  Is this just a hazard of two pregnancies so close together?
Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
<a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view

Re: How was your second pg?

• Options
    I think so.  With DD I had GD, in the hospital 3 different times with mysterious extreme pain.  But it was a breeze compared to DS.  I think one issue is that your body hasn't recovered and another is that you are chasing around a toddler all day.  Drink your water and rest when possible.
  • Options

I've had the opposite reaction this time around. With my first pregnancy by this point I was pretty uncomfortable between round ligament pain, sciatica, and being constantly exhausted. This time around my energy level is higher and I'm not uncomfortable at all. I had a lot of symptoms you did with my first, especially with the BH. I'm still pretty early in my pregnancy, so I'm sure this will change over time.

I think it's just that you're having a tougher time around than you did the first time around. Every pregnancy will be different regardless if your last one was 1 year or 10 years ago.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well I'll tell you... You say you live by the sea? Last time I lived by the sea and I retained a lot of water and my feet killed me. Oooh they hurt so so bad. And I had so much pain in my joints. We've now moved to the desert and I have no swelling. I haven't had near the pain either. This doesn't really help you unless you can move to a non humid climate pronto. I hope you feel better soon-at least in 10 weeks you probably will.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    2nd preg was harder for me, but I was busy with DS#1 so I didn't have as much time to think about it, which was good. I never had BH contrax with DS#1 but I didn't w/2nd preg. I also didn't lose all the weight before getting pregnant again but I lost all the weight from both pregnancies and more about a month or 2 ago without trying so that's a bonus. There is no time to relax; I just tried to go to bed early. Mine are 22 months apart.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"