Health & Exercise
Options

Hiking

I use to hike every morning on a 3 mile trail.  There are parts of the trail that are pretty rigorous and in Arizona - well you get pretty overheated at times.  I haven't hiked in like a month and really want to get back into it. 

I'm sure I'll find out from the doc on Monday if it's ok, but I was just wondering if anyone else hikes while pregnant?

childhood sweetheart
BabyName Ticker

Re: Hiking

• Options
    YES, I hiked during both my pregnancies and both kids came out healthy and full term.  Just don't over do it and definitely be careful of the heat!!! 
  • Options
    I do!  I live in South Texas.  I just make sure to bring my Camelback filled with ice water and I stay cool.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did too.  Just be careful, I slipped on a hill when I was about 8 months along and I was really lucky DH was there to catch me.  That bump makes your balance it's b!tch  lol
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    Definitely! I used to hike Runyon the whole time I was pregnant too. Just make sure you stay hydrated and don't go too hard on yourself.
  • Options
    My doctor actually recommended that I hike. She nixed running for me since I took much time off, but told me to hike instead!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My doctor gave me the heads up for hiking.  She did recommend staying under 7,000 feet for my hikes to make sure I don't get dizzy or lightheaded while hiking, and to make sure the LO gets as much oxygen as possible.  Since I live at around 6,500 feet I've kinda been limited a bit by the altitude limitation and have gone a little over (only by 1-200 feet) but I don't dare do a high up hike.  I want to make sure I have as close to a normal sized baby as possible!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"