Baby Names

looking for a nickname for Jasper

Hello! I have a major problem. My son is now 5 weeks old and completely wonderful but i let my husband name him and he decided on Jasper (it was the best on a list of really bad names that he wanted) Personally, now that it's been a few weeks I've realized that I dont like it that much. What's a good nickname for Jasper? The only thing I've come up with is Jay or I might call him by his middle name (which I picked out) which is Willem. Any suggestions are welcomed!

Re: looking for a nickname for Jasper

• Assuming this isn't a troll....

Um, if you didn't like it you shouldn't have used it.

I like the name Jasper and wouldn't use a nickname.

• In Twilight, the nn for Jasper is Jazz 

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • A nickname doesnt have to be based off your LO's name, it can just be some fond term that reminds you of your LO...I cant really think of anything besides like Jas/Jaz. Goodluck...
    **~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• I was gonna say Jazz, too. But I like Jasper much better. Cute! Question: What's his middle name? He could always be J.C., J.T., etc.
  • Oh, and don't worry: at first I thought we had made a mistake calling our son Owen.  I thought he looks more like a this, or we should have called him that.  But after a few months, I know we made the right choice and I have no second thoughts  :)

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • imageBecky262:

Oh, and don't worry: at first I thought we had made a mistake calling our son Owen.  I thought he looks more like a this, or we should have called him that.  But after a few months, I know we made the right choice and I have no second thoughts  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • I can only think of Jazz or Jay... a lot of nicknames come from sources other than names, though. Personally, I would just call him Jasper unless another nickname presented itself...
  • nope not a troll, at first i was ok with it but now im second guessing it.ive tried giving it time so i hope it grows on me
  • imageBecky262:

Oh, and don't worry: at first I thought we had made a mistake calling our son Owen.  I thought he looks more like a this, or we should have called him that.  But after a few months, I know we made the right choice and I have no second thoughts  :)

Maybe you're just going through this.   I did as well.   I think the name Jasper is a great name and doesn't need a nickname.   I know a Jasper that's in his 30s and when I first met him I thought it was such a cool name.  

As other ppl mentioned Jas, Jay and initials are all I can think of as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • imageBecky262:

In Twilight, the nn for Jasper is Jazz 

haha yeah i didnt know there was a jasper in twilight until after he was born. someone brought it up a week after and all i could think was "oh no" haha!

• I would call him Jazzy maybe?

• Honestly I would just stick with Jasper a while longer.  It very well may grow on you (I didn't think Matthew fit DS at first, either).  Like give him to 6 months maybe, and by that time if you still hate it, you'll see more of his personality to give him an appropriate nn. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My husband's name is Jason and I call him J (Jay) all the time because I don't like Jace. 
  • Just start calling him a random nickname you like and see if it sticks. My friend's SO goes by Beau and it has nothing to do with his name, first/middle/or last.

N '13 January Siggy Challenge
    ~*~ Winter Weather Fails ~*~
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I read a book with a Jasper in it and they called him Jappy. Kinda cute, especially for a little guy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A neighbor boy growing up was named Jasper, and everyone called him Jay or JJ.  JJ weren't his initials at all, but it worked out well. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"