Houston Babies

Did your baby ever do this?

Two days ago DS started repeatedly opening and closing his mouth. He opens it wider then when sucking his paci, but not really wide. Almost like saying ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba, but without sound. He kinda looks like a big fish. :-)

I think he is just imitating me saying ba ba ba , da da da, ma ma ma to him, but DH is worried that it is lip smacking, which can be a sign of Tardive Dyskinesia or seizures. 

I hope DS is just trying new things, but DH wants to make sure these things are "normal." When I brought it up to the teachers at daycare this morning they said they noticed it yesterday and they hadn't seen any other kid do this. So now I am worried.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

Re: Did your baby ever do this?

• Okay, I just looked this up on YouTube and there are plenty of healthy, normal kids that do this same thing.

I hate that my husband is a bit of a hypochondriac and gets me worried too.

TTC #2 since Dec 2011

• Yes - and it's too funny.
  • Loading the player...
  • Just curious - what made your DH think it was Tardive Dyskinesia?  I mean, BIL's MIL has that, but it's due to a lot of the medications she's been on for years...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKNJepp:
    Just curious - what made your DH think it was Tardive Dyskinesia?  I mean, BIL's MIL has that, but it's due to a lot of the medications she's been on for years...

It was a possible side effect of the Reglan DS was on for his acid reflux. To minimize the potential risk he was only on it for 2 months. Most studies indicated that the risk factor started after 12 weeks of use in infants.

TTC #2 since Dec 2011

• Marion did it and Josh used to do it with her, they looked like fishes around the house.  In fact, he did it so much he now finds himself doing it at work when he's working on a project and doesn't even realize he's doing it.
  • imagekat.in.the.hat:
    Marion did it and Josh used to do it with her, they looked like fishes around the house.  In fact, he did it so much he now finds himself doing it at work when he's working on a project and doesn't even realize he's doing it.
    That is too funny!

TTC #2 since Dec 2011

• My first-born used to do it a TON.. and she was an early talker. I would think he is just imitating, and might be an early talker? :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"