North Carolina Babies
Options

Stride Rite Outlet?

Has anyone been to an outlet, I am going this weekend and wondering what type of selection they would have there, and how the prices are?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Stride Rite Outlet?

• Options
    I shop at the Stride Rite outlet.  They have a good selection but I think the way it works is that they are left over last year styles.  I have not had a problem finding something cute for my little one.  The prices are good compared to the regular store.  Example cute tennis shoes can run from 19.99 to 24.99 and higher depending on your taste.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Hm, I went for Nate last year and really didn't find it to be a great selection.  The store has a ton of shoes and it's a great place to go if Jocelyn has wide feet.  At least in the boy's section, almost all of the tennis shoes were wide.  I think there were only 2 or 3 pairs in Nate's size, which sucked.  And then they were still about $25-$30, which I don't consider a great deal on shoes. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We got Caleb's brown leather/suede sandals there, I think they were $30 and then we got a second pair 50%off. We got a pair of lace-up Keds for $10. I've never been in the actual Stride Rite store but I thought that was a decent price. The Smithfield outlets are having a big back to school sale this weekend, so if you are looking for a fun outing I would head out there. I don't think I would drive all the way there just for Stride Rite.

The selection was good enough, we were looking for dressy like shoes (not sporty) and I remember trying 3 or 4 styles on him. They have a little clearance section which always has tons of girls shoes!

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options
    Thanks. We are headed to Williamsburg this weekend and my parents live close to the outlets there, so we are doing some shopping. Jocelyn does have wide feet so hopefully I will find something. I have no issue with last years styles, kids don't care!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

If you're going to the one at the Smithfield outlets, it's actually a Stride Rite/Keds/Sperry outlet, including adult Keds & Sperry. I was a little disappointed because I thought it ws all SR. But they still had a pretty good selection. I like Keds for Holly too.

I wouldn't say the prices are like dirt cheap or anything, but definitely better than the regular stores. I got a pair of tennis shoes for $24.99, and a pair of boys shoes (they were Navy, figured they could be unisex) for $12.99 on clearance. Then, everything ws an additional 25% off. Given that I got two pairs of SR shoes for $30, I felt like it was a really good deal.

They apparently have different promotions all the time, and they do have a clearance wall in the back. I was expecting a BO, get 50% off deal like I'd heard of, but they didn't have that when I was there. 25% off everything was pretty awesome though.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    imageMrsHughesNC:

If you're going to the one at the Smithfield outlets, it's actually a Stride Rite/Keds/Sperry outlet, including adult Keds & Sperry.

How cute are kids Sperrys though?! Caleb was given a pair (hand me down) and I think I died from the cuteness of them! 

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options
    imagebecki777:
    imageMrsHughesNC:

If you're going to the one at the Smithfield outlets, it's actually a Stride Rite/Keds/Sperry outlet, including adult Keds & Sperry.

How cute are kids Sperrys though?! Caleb was given a pair (hand me down) and I think I died from the cuteness of them! 

Hehe.. they are pretty cute!!!

• Options
    imagebecki777:
    imageMrsHughesNC:

Hehe.. they are pretty cute!!!

• Options
    My mom just went to one in GA and they had NOTHING in her size (8 XW).  I find decent deals at 6pm.com and Ebay.

Baby J is here! Born on her mama's birthday.

11 pounds, 7 ounces and 23" long at birth!

My Bio

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"