Kentucky Babies
Options

Glucose test today

Fun times! Starting at 9:00am I can't eat or drink anything until I suffer through the orange sludge they call EasyDex 50. What the heck is so easy about it, I want to know! (hehe!) Oh the things we do to ensure our LO's are perfectly healthy. Over-caring much? Why can't we do it like the monkey's do? Wink

Re: Glucose test today

• Options

Ohh, I haven't really heard about the  glucose test yet. (You are 7 weeks ahead of me.)

That does not sound fun.

How did it go? How long do you have to wait for results?

• Options

It went great, other than the fact you have to drink this liquid that tastes like flat Orange Crush. Smile The lab doesn't give you the results for two days, so I'm going to call on Monday to find out, but according to my MW, if you don't feel horrible or dizzy afterward, you usually passed. She said I should have nothing to worry about, since all I felt afterward was like I was starving. I took two protein bars with me and a big thing of water so that as soon as they drew my blood I could eat and drink again.

You may want to ask about special instructions, because each office is different as to when you can and cannot eat/drink/chew gum, etc. Some want you to wait until after the test to eat or drink, others say not to for an hr beforehand. I was able to eat and drink until 9:30, drank the glucose drink at 10:30 and got my blood drawn at 11:30. Beforehand, I ate a huge breakfast of eggs with spinach and cheese served on a bagel and a glass of milk on the side. That way, once the test time came I knew I'd have plenty of protein to keep me going.

You can expect to have this done at your 28wk appt. When you go in for your 24wk appt, they may give you a sheet of instructions as well as the drink, though not all offices do this. If they do, ask if they have different flavors. Some women have said they had the option of Fruit Punch flavor and it was better than the orange, though my MW didn't give that option. G'luck with your test!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"