Hawaii Babies
Options

??? Weekly Check-in ???

Starting next week, Sandra will be posting the weekly check-ins.  I've been going through a bit of a rough patch and am not able to spend as much time on the board as I used to.  I hope to be posting regularly again soon.  Thanks again, Sandra!  Smile

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAWAII NESTIE/BUMPIE MAMAS
4forluck ? Elaine May ? 09.20.07

MauidAims ? Kai Adam ? 02.16.08
MrsNFB ? Sean Patrick ? 10.11.08

kauai_luv ? Waianuhea ? 04.04.09
kshiz ? Ella Juliet ? 04.04.09
VanceandLori ? Brooke Jillian ? 05.15.09
Mrs.HulaHunnie ? Jaylee Emiko ? 06.11.09
bigislandhi ? Zoi ? 06.29.09
Mrs.Ziz ? Bella Kailani ? 07.24.09
Hawaiian Honey ? Matthew Sebron (Matty) ? 08.07.09
MrsWinter ? Ashton Christopher ? 08.14.09
myday1708 ? Alexa Leilani ? 09.09.09
missaloha ? Ellery Lin Ka'imilani ? 09.13.09
MrsNJSwimmer ? William (Billy) ? 11.09.09
Trieulam - Kiptyn ? 11.12.09 & precious angel Kylie ? 11.12.09-1.28.10
MrsPresley ? Annalise Rebecca ? 11.12.09
HulaLove ? Elyse Ann (Elle) ? 12.14.09

Married2MrWright ? Elizabeth (Libby) Joan ? 01.25.10
Sanae78 ? Kaya Akemi ? 02.11.10
SirenSong ? Samara Jane Florence ? 02.16.10
Mauiwedding08
? John (Jack) ? 02.19.10
Jaysgirljulie
? Christopher Ryan ? 03.9.10
Lola808 ? Adrian Kapa'a ? 04.8.10
LisaKeiko ? John (Johnny) Samuel IV ? 04.19.10
redshoegirl ? William John & Dashiell Thomas ? 04.21.10
liubride510 ? Kailani Grace ? 05.08.10
inamra ? Blake ? 05.16.10
rwright5 ? Mason Lee ? 06.03.10
supercoolnat ? Zachary ? 06.07.10
parrotgirl ? Mason ? 06.15.10
lelekay ? Henry Benjamin ? 07.22.10

HAWAII NESTIE DUE DATES

July 2010
07.22.10 ? Boy ? RobynLee

August 2010
08.29.10 ? Boy ?  MrsIH

September  2010
09.09.10 ? Baby ? Vanilla15

October 2010
10.07.10 ? Girl ? ECUPirate04
10.08.10 ? Baby ? mrsnickandnora
10.24.10 ? Girl ? eacerna
10.29.10 ? Boy ? MrsNicole&Brian808

November  2010
11.20.10 ? Boy ? SanHawaii08

January 2011
01.20.11 ? Baby ? Oceangirl22

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Post updated due dates or gender reports here.

(1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?

(5) Share your pregnancy exercise routine (if you have/had one).

(6) What's one item you've splurged on preparing for baby or since you've become a parent?

(7) Mamas: What do you wish you would have taken care of before you went into labor that you didn't think was important?

(8) Mamas: Was there anything you wish you packed in your hospital bag but didn't? Or a favorite/best item that you did pack? Is there anything you packed that turned out to be unnecessary?

(9) What questions would you like to see in upcoming check-ins?

TTCers:  Which cycle are you on?  Where in the cycle are you?  What, if anything, are you doing/trying for TTC success?

Re: ??? Weekly Check-in ???

• Options

(1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 8.5 months

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?   Let's see - he's pulling up to standing pretty regularly, trying to cruise but not quite there yet, hates getting his diaper changed - rolls over on the changing table - it's like a wrestling match -UGH!, eats some regular solid food now, stage 3 jarred stuff, more a savory flavor guy, doesn't like sweets!   

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up? 9 month checkup

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? diaper changing, separation anxiety (I read an article on this yesterday that said it can last up to kindergarten???), and biting

(5) Share your pregnancy exercise routine (if you have/had one).  I did some yoga

(6) What's one item you've splurged on preparing for baby or since you've become a parent?  too many to name.  i'm currently chastising myself for my credit cards.  cute clothes are hard to resist!  I did splurge on the crib before he came, but my grandmother wanted to buy it so she gave us the money for it. 

(7) Mamas: What do you wish you would have taken care of before you went into labor that you didn't think was important?  maybe a few more meals in the freezer?  DS came a day after he was due, so we were pretty much ready - oh, or choosing a pediatrician!  Had to do that in the hospital pretty blindly!

(8) Mamas: Was there anything you wish you packed in your hospital bag but didn't? Or a favorite/best item that you did pack? Is there anything you packed that turned out to be unnecessary?  Every labor is so different, you don't know what you'll need.  Just try to bring anything you'd think would give you comfort or distraction.  The best item I ended up packing were my shower shoes, b/c they lost the sneakers I came in to the hospital with, so I had to wear those home (in November!).  We admittedly left a lot of stuff in the car, didn't pack IN the bag, so if we wanted to get it, MH could always run out and retrieve it. 

• Options

(1) how old is your LO?  JAYCOB is 2 months & 2 weeks old!

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? i'm tired as heck, but so thrilled

(3) Next appointment date?  next baby well visit at 4 months

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?  not sure what BR means - i'm new to this

(5) Share your pregnancy exercise routine (if you have/had one). Wii Fit!

(6) What's one item you've splurged on preparing for baby or since you've become a parent?  Actually, my husband is the spender - Orbit stroller, Mamaroo seat, wipes warmer, bottle warmer, etc - i was prepared to go without   :o)

(7) Mamas: What do you wish you would have taken care of before you went into labor that you didn't think was important? OMG, Getting my hospital bag ready ahead of time & finishing his "nursery"!

(8) Mamas: Was there anything you wish you packed in your hospital bag but didn't? Or a favorite/best item that you did pack? Is there anything you packed that turned out to be unnecessary?  i wish i had a bag!  my DH brought whatever he thought i needed - omg, butt-ugly going home clothes!  my fave item was already with me - my iphone with all my apps. my Kindle wasn't used.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks Nicole!  I hope things look up for you soon...hang in there mama!  And yay Sandra for agreeing to keep these going... 

6 months and 4 days old

Feeling optimistic...applied for an MBA program this week...I should know in a couple of weeks if I'll be a student come September.

Libby is awesome...growing like a weed in all aspects...her developmental strides never cease to amaze me!  In just a couple of weeks she's gone from not even touching any food to picking it up and eating it!  She loves roasted carrot sticks.  ECing is going great too...she wakes up dry from naps and we have been changing less and less diapers because she's using the potty. Yay!

We both have routine appts. the second week of August.

Teething!  Poor baby is just drooling buckets and cramming everything she can in her mouth and still...no teeth! She's been teething since she was 3 months old!

Oh and we have the start of separation anxiety...she'll cry if daddy leaves the room or if anyone wants to hold her besides me, daddy or grandma.

Stretching 10-15 minutes/day and walking 2-3 miles/day at least 4 times a week (became daily once I was dx with GD).

(6) What's one item you've splurged on preparing for baby or since you've become a parent?

It was a gift from my mom, but I got a pretty expensive (for me) rug for the nursery.  Sadly, it's not kid-friendly at all (it is FILTHY and can only be dry cleaned and we have a shoe-free home as well as a pet-free nursery!) so it's already been replaced by squishy, interlocking floor mats (in pink and white) which Libby LOVES!  And they're super easy to clean and only cost us $49 for enough to cover 6x8 center of the room.

(7) Mamas: What do you wish you would have taken care of before you went into labor that you didn't think was important?

Paying my bills BEFORE going into labor...I figured it was the end of the month and surely, I'd have time after I got home with her to schedule my payments in the beginning of the month.  NOT.  I was so exhausted I scheduled a double payment to one company and missed one to another company. *sigh*  It added stress that I didn't need.  So schedule your bill pay BEFORE your due date or at least have DH agree that he'll take care of it.

(8) Mamas: Was there anything you wish you packed in your hospital bag but didn't? Or a favorite/best item that you did pack? Is there anything you packed that turned out to be unnecessary?

We used most of what we packed...best was the yoga ball for labor and My Brest Friend for after she was born.  Oh, and nursing tanks.  And our DIY Moby...especially for bonding with Daddy.  We didn't end up really using our music for labor (I ended up wanting quiet) and only used one of the three baby outfits we brought for Libby...just for the ride home.

TTCers:  Which cycle are you on?  Where in the cycle are you?  What, if anything, are you doing/trying for TTC success?

• Options

(1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 14 weeks and...2 days.

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? Feeling pretty good - and a little sad because my sister is leaving tomorrow and that means I have to stop eating crap (I gave myself special dispensation for when family were here lol) and actually start to look at losing this baby weight. Milestones for the boys...they've gotten SO good at grabbing stuff! Still no interest in rolling over though. I mean like - none. Oh well, it will happen eventually!

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up? Nothing at the moment.

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? I think possibly getting my sister to understand the differences in life that a baby (or babies) bring. She complained the other day to me that I was "always tired." Well - yeah! Stick out tongue

(5) Share your pregnancy exercise routine (if you have/had one). HAHAHAHAHAHA*gasp*HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Ahem. Sorry. What I meant to say was, "Didn't have one, sorry." Stick out tongue

(6) What's one item you've splurged on preparing for baby or since you've become a parent? Our stroller, which was NOT cheap. But I can absolutely say that it's the best money we spent on a big ticket item - hands down. I literally either say to Ben or think to myself every.single.time I use it, "OMG I'm glad we bought this!"

(7) Mamas: What do you wish you would have taken care of before you went into labor that you didn't think was important? Nothing that I can think of. The one advantage of being induced is that you know exactly when your baby will be born so you can cook, clean, etc. before they show up!

(8) Mamas: Was there anything you wish you packed in your hospital bag but didn't? Or a favorite/best item that you did pack? Is there anything you packed that turned out to be unnecessary? Hmm. I packed pretty light (basically just clothes and a few toiletries) and I can say I used everything I packed...my favorite item was probably my toothbrush lol! Oh, we took my nursing pillow but I didn't end up using it, just because when the boys were really little, a couple of regular bed pillows actually worked better to position them for tandem feeding.
  • Options
    inamrainamra member
    imageMrsNicole&Brian808:

Starting next week, Sandra will be posting the weekly check-ins.  I've been going through a bit of a rough patch and am not able to spend as much time on the board as I used to.  I hope to be posting regularly again soon.  Thanks again, Sandra!  Smile

Thank you for doing the weekly check-ins and being so consistent about it all this time! I hope you feel better soon and if you ever want to talk/vent, we're all here for you!

Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Options
    inamrainamra member

2.5 months

Tired! We just got back from a trip (lots of driving) so it was pretty tiring. I just took a 3 hr nap in between nursing and I totally needed it!

4 month check-up

Getting him on a routine sleep schedule. He started doing 6hrs before the trip, but after the trip, it's been more erratic since the trip messed it up since we were driving home in the middle of the night, so we woke him up around 3am when we got home and now he's waking up at 3am in the middle of the night =/

I swam a bit while pregnant. I haven't exercised yet since I delivered--I should though =P

I don't think we really splurged on anything in particular, but probably the Ergo and changing table were our most expensive items. (The crib was a gift from ILs).

I wish we had taken out the trash. When we got back from the hospital, it reeked!!

I wish I had packed baby nail clippers or emery boards. I ended up having MH go home and get them. My favorite item that I packed was my two cameras and tripod. MH used the DSLR during L&D and I had another one recording video on the tripod from the corner of the room (so you couldn't see anything of me from the "unpresentable" view, but we could have a video capturing the moment of birth). I packed an exercise ball to use and it turned out to not help at all and we put it away as quickly as we took it out. I also packed a scanner (don't laugh =P I feel stupid for bringing it =P) to scan any important documents that I wanted to keep a copy of, but I ended up just taking pictures of them instead since I was too lazy to take out my laptop (also not used at all) and scanner and set the thing up.

can't think of one for now...

• Options

about 8.5 months

no new milestones that i can think of.... though we are doing really well the EC and i'm enjoying doing fewer diapers (esp poopy ones!!!).... we're averaging 1 poopy diaper per week, the rest all go in the potty! :)

9 month check up soon...i'm curious to see where her height/weight are at :)

nothing big comes to mind

didn't have one!

before she was born - maybe the carseat? one of the few items we bought new

though i think my latest big splurge for her was the $35 pettiskirt on babysteals today...totally not necessary and still a bit overpriced IMO but soooo cute :) i couldn't help it b/c i know it will be perfect for her 1 yr pics and she's so small/petite we'll probably get 2 years' use out of it! :)

totally not "important" per se - but i really wish i had stopped and taken one last belly pic before leaving for the hospital.  my water had broken so my contractions were pretty painful so i wasn't up for it...but in hindsight i really wish i had taken the time to do it b/c i don't have an official belly pic of me at 40 wks.

nope. i didn't pack much, just some essentials. i didn't really end up using any of my makeup while i was there, even though i was there 5 days/4 nights...i totally thought i'd want to look more presentable, but honestly i was so worn out from the L&D and c/s...and then dealing with a newborn waking up all the time...that i ended up not caring! come to think of it, i guess i did put a little bit on when we left the hospital for coming home pics though :)

i think malia's list on pregosaur was good :)

• Options
    inamrainamra member
    imagemrspresley:

i think malia's list on pregosaur was good :)

Yes! I totally used it to help me pack! Super useful!
  • Options
    (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 23w5d

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?   feeling good, a little stressed about how much more packing we need to do before moving this sunday!  but not as stressed about work as i was earlier this week, which is good.  i finally picked a car seat!  we'll be getting the chicco keyfit - after i was completely convinced we would just get the graco snugride, i spent hours researching the two, but was completely convinced when i saw my friend use hers, and then compared it to a snugride at BRU  

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up? next Tuesday, for 24w, nothing exciting.  next "big" thing is the 1 hr glucose test a month after that

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? erm...totally TMI...a hemorrhoid Stick out tongue  ugh.

(5) Share your pregnancy exercise routine (if you have/had one).  i was trying to do 30 min of walking 3 times a week (i know, i have low standards) but haven't done anything in weeks and weeks.  Embarrassed  totally should, but too tired/don't make time for it.  sigh.

(6) What's one item you've splurged on preparing for baby or since you've become a parent?  nothing so far.  biggest purchase will probably be the crib, but we're really trying to be careful with the spending and not overbuy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrsNJSwimmer:

(7) Mamas: What do you wish you would have taken care of before you went into labor that you didn't think was important?  maybe a few more meals in the freezer?  DS came a day after he was due, so we were pretty much ready - oh, or choosing a pediatrician!  Had to do that in the hospital pretty blindly!

super helpful!  we don't freeze meals, but i definitely want to stock up before the baby comes.  and i had no idea when we need to choose a pediatrician.

• Options
    MrsZizMrsZiz member
    imageSanHawaii08:
    imageMrsNJSwimmer:

super helpful!  we don't freeze meals, but i definitely want to stock up before the baby comes.  and i had no idea when we need to choose a pediatrician.

Any suggestions for freezer meals? I know lasagna, turkey tettrazinni and tuna casserole but need more options.. I like just having them for lazy days when I'm working!  

• Options
    MrsZizMrsZiz member
    1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?  1 yr old!!(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?   Pulling up on EVERYTHING! I put a list in my blog for her 1 yr stuff :)(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?  1 yr checkup in 2 weeks with a modified vaccine schedule. (4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? We let her CIO a week ago and after 3 nights it was great, STTN and now she's back up once a night again and we change her and then she cries and wants milk but I'm not nursing her... it's tough but she's 1 so she REALLY should be able to do without that feeding.(5) Share your pregnancy exercise routine (if you have/had one).  I did  Bikram yoga 3-4 days a week... now I need a POST pregnancy routine that will work for Bella, Ryan and I... I feel so BLAH lately!! 
    (6) What's one item you've splurged on preparing for baby or since you've become a parent?  We didn't really "splurge" on anything. I guess the biggest splurge was buying her furniture for her room but even that wasn't a splurge. We spent less than $800 on all 3 pieces and it's great furniture.  (7) Mamas: What do you wish you would have taken care of before you went into labor that you didn't think was important? more freezer meals for sure... oh and I went in to preterm labor so our house was in shambles. We had just moved in a couple weeks prior and were still unpacking. After my water broke, I unpacked all the spices through the tears. I was afraid! Oh and we ripped out a wall two days before she was born because we THOUGHT we had at least 3-5 more weeks and had plans to fix it the weekend she was born :) (8) Mamas: Was there anything you wish you packed in your hospital bag but didn't? Or a favorite/best item that you did pack? Is there anything you packed that turned out to be unnecessary? My fav thing that I packed was a sleep bra for nursing and my black yoga pants, comfy to wear when people came to see us at the hospital and still looked presentable. I used everything I packed but I also didn't pack much, toiletries and a couple outfits for me and a couple of things for baby.Oh and I did enjoy that we brought the Ipod speakers which were great during labor when I just wanted to listen to my music!
  • Options

(1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?  34 weeks yesterday

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? good...my bones hurt I guess from carrying the extra weight but no real complaints

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?  next week for regular check up

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?  no big challenges...my baby shower is next weekend so I have been trying to help get all of the last minute things straight

(5) Share your pregnancy exercise routine (if you have/had one).  I was doing a lot of prenatal yoga in the 1st trimester & then the Saints won the Superbowl & Mardi Gras was a week later...way to much going on and unfortunately, I never got back into my routine.  Once we moved I tried walking around the neighborhood, but then it just got too hot...so sadly no pg exercise for me. 

(6) What's one item you've splurged on preparing for baby or since you've become a parent?  Really nothing yet.  We will see what we still need after the shower but really trying to not blow our budget.  It definitely helps not knowing the gender...otherwise I am sure we would be tempted to buy cute clothes.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    MrsZizMrsZiz member
    imagevanilla15:

It definitely helps not knowing the gender...otherwise I am sure we would be tempted to buy cute clothes.

We did find out but I was able to hold back... I can see how some people can't though, so much cute stuff! Hopefully you get a lot of the big stuff at your shower coming up and then you can go on a shopping spree after your LO is here :) Any feelings on whether you think it's a boy/girl? 

• Options

imageMrsZiz:
    (4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? We let her CIO a week ago and after 3 nights it was great, STTN and now she's back up once a night again and we change her and then she cries and wants milk but I'm not nursing her... it's tough but she's 1 so she REALLY should be able to do without that feeding.

one of our friends' son still gets up multiple times a night to nurse.  ...he's 2.  Indifferent  she's going to let him for as long as he wants, until he's 4 or 5.   she can do whatever works for her, but i could never do it!  i definitely plan to drop the night feedings by 1, if not earlier!

• Options
    (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?15 weeks! (2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?I feel great! It's weird, because besides my increased hunger, I don't really feel very pregnant. I've gained 4 lbs so far, and my stomach is definitely still a bloated belly. I actually felt l like I MIGHT have felt some wiggling last night when I was going to bed. I can't wait to feel full on movements! (3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?My next appt is next Tuesday, 3rd, just my 16 week check up. Our big u/s is on August 24th...and we will be finding out...just not right away. We are planning a big reveal party that following weekend, so we will have to wait a little longer to find out! (4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?n/a (5) Share your pregnancy exercise routine (if you have/had one).I wish I had one! (6) What's one item you've splurged on preparing for baby or since you've become a parent?We haven't bought one thing yet, but I suppose it will be the glider/recliner or the stroller. We'll see.  (7) Mamas: What do you wish you would have taken care of before you went into labor that you didn't think was important?
    (9) What questions would you like to see in upcoming check-ins?
    TTCers:  Which cycle are you on?  Where in the cycle are you?  What, if anything, are you doing/trying for TTC success?
  • Options

imageMrsZiz:
    Any feelings on whether you think it's a boy/girl? 

I am 110% sure it is a boy!  I am just sooo sure.  DH always tells me if I am wrong about this he will never let me be right about anything again!  He says everytime I disagree with him, he will just point to DD and say thought she was a boy, didn't you? Stick out tongue  But to be honest, I am so sure that if I were to be wrong, I think I would always 2nd guess my maternal instinct!!

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    MrsZizMrsZiz member
    imageSanHawaii08:

one of our friends' son still gets up multiple times a night to nurse.  ...he's 2.  Indifferent  she's going to let him for as long as he wants, until he's 4 or 5.   she can do whatever works for her, but i could never do it!  i definitely plan to drop the night feedings by 1, if not earlier!

We're TRYING to wean but she's SUCH a boob girl! The night feedings are gone! I'm sure B isn't thrilled about it but mommy needs sleep and so does she, even though she doesn't think so Smile

My goal is to have her totally weaned by the time she's 15 months if not sooner. I THOUGHT weaning would happen naturally but it's not really... even though I have very little milk (I'm talking I pump 7-9 oz in 12 hours), she still wants it. We're giving the sippy at every meal and between meals but she continues to reach for my boob when she really wants it or she's fussy...

I did go to a LLL mtg for help weaning and they said "just let her go until she's ready"... ugh... NO at this rate it could be when she's graduating high school!  

• Options
    imageSanHawaii08:

imageMrsZiz:
    (4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? We let her CIO a week ago and after 3 nights it was great, STTN and now she's back up once a night again and we change her and then she cries and wants milk but I'm not nursing her... it's tough but she's 1 so she REALLY should be able to do without that feeding.

I pln to breastfeed Libby past the age of one and as long as it doesn't delay my fertility, until age two (we want to TTC2 when she's about 18-20 mos.)...my BFF just had DS2 3 weeks ago and DS1 still nurses and he's 23 mos.  He only nurses for comfort at this point but that's fine...nursing isn't just for nutrition but for nurturing too.  From what I've read, most kids, if allowed, will self-wean between age 3 or 4.  I know that is not as culturally acceptable in our society, but I really feel it is as nature intended...if I weren't trying to get PG by the time Libby is two I might do extended BFing with her.  I might still...if I can get PG while still BFing.

• Options
    imagemrspresley:

we are doing really well the EC and i'm enjoying doing fewer diapers (esp poopy ones!!!).... we're averaging 1 poopy diaper per week, the rest all go in the potty! :)

That's awesome Jaime!  Way to go Miss A!  BTW, are you using a toilet ring or little potty?  We are finding that Libby prefers her Bjorn Little Potty, although honestly? If I know she's gonna poop I still like her to sit on the toilet with the Munchkin ring.  SO much easier to just flush it all down!

• Options
    imageMarried2MrWright:
    imageSanHawaii08:

imageMrsZiz:

I pln to breastfeed Libby past the age of one and as long as it doesn't delay my fertility, until age two (we want to TTC2 when she's about 18-20 mos.)...my BFF just had DS2 3 weeks ago and DS1 still nurses and he's 23 mos.  He only nurses for comfort at this point but that's fine...nursing isn't just for nutrition but for nurturing too.  From what I've read, most kids, if allowed, will self-wean between age 3 or 4.  I know that is not as culturally acceptable in our society, but I really feel it is as nature intended...if I weren't trying to get PG by the time Libby is two I might do extended BFing with her.  I might still...if I can get PG while still BFing.

it's not so much the nursing i was surprised about - it's the fact that he still nurses multiple times throughout the night!  i don't think i could deal with it for that long - i need my sleep!  plus, she *never* spends a night away from him b/c of this - and that just won't be an option for me - i need to travel for my job, though it will be much less than i've been doing recently.

• Options
    (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 35w5d, wow, time is flying!(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? I have enjoyed being pregnant so much, I've really had little to complain about, which I'm thankful for.  Lately I feel a bit more tired but I've been nesting like crazy (normal for me anyway), still sleeping really good (he sleeps when I sleep it seems) and I think we're pretty ready for his arrival now.  I suppose I should focus on trying to relax a bit now ;)(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up? Next appt. is Tuesday for a regular check-up, weekly appt's start now as well.(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? Feeling a little sore in the upper thigh area, I think things are getting ready down there? :P(5) Share your pregnancy exercise routine (if you have/had one). I wish I had one, walking would be great but I haven't done much of that unfortunately. 
    (6) What's one item you've splurged on preparing for baby or since you've become a parent? Hmm, tried to be thrifty on most items.  Crib, dresser and mattress were all on sale on Amazon.  Glider we bought from Costco with our rebate check and some $$.  I think I've splurged the most on misc. items like the Miracle Blanket and a&a swaddle blankets from a local boutique.  
    I love Hawaii!

Tara & Ian . 4/24/2008 . The Kahala Planning . Married

• Options
    (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? Henry is 1 week, 2 days old!

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? Ummmm.....I'm doing okay.  All I can say is that this is really hard!  I'm so in love with my LO, but I'm completely exhausted.  MH went back to work today, so that was hard, too.  My ILs are here for a week, and my parents came earlier this week, too.  But, while I know they mean well, they aren't really "helping," like they said they would.  I kind of feel like they get to do all the "fun" stuff (snuggling him when he's calm), while I'm the one who has to feed , change, and calm him.  My sister is the only one who really helps, and she stops by about every other day for a few hours.

And I'm really struggling with breastfeeding right now.  SInce I was in the hospital for 4 days, I met with the LC every day, and have gone back once since then, too.  But I'm struggling.  His latch has improved, but I'm still sore a lot.  And I don't feel like my supply is enough for him....he was dehydrated in the hospital (only one wet diaper one day) and we had to supplement with formula.  As of today I am not supplementing anymore, and we go to the pedi Monday to check his weight.  But I can totally see how people don't stick with this, even if that was their plan.  I'm trying to work through it, and I'm not giving up this easily, but I do dream of it!

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up? Monday for a weight check.

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? What can I say.....all of it!!! Although, definitely bf the most.

(5) Share your pregnancy exercise routine (if you have/had one).  Nope!  But we did walk most every night.

(6) What's one item you've splurged on preparing for baby or since you've become a parent? Definitely the stroller.  I'm glad, though.  We've taken it out twice so far (just down to the corner and back, 'til i get my strength back) and it was awesome!  The handling is excellent, and I just loved pushing it.

(7) Mamas: What do you wish you would have taken care of before you went into labor that you didn't think was important? Not much.  SInce it was planned, I had every thing cleaned, cooked/frozen, etc.

(8) Mamas: Was there anything you wish you packed in your hospital bag but didn't? Or a favorite/best item that you did pack? Is there anything you packed that turned out to be unnecessary? Yeah, I packed waaaay too much!  But that's me!  I packed too many clothed for myself.  I wore hospital gowns the first two days, then my own pjs and robe the next two.  And I didn't need nursing pads.  My milk had barely come in when we left, and still isn't strong enough for pads.  Oh, didn't need a book/magazines, either.  I tried the magazine once, and promptly fell asleep!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Post updated due dates or gender reports here.

(1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? just had to count... Jack is 23.5 weeks old

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?pretty good.  we went back to co-sleeping a little while ago b/c his room is not a/c'd.  it worked well so we kept it up but need a long term solution - right now our mattresses are on the floor because I didn't trust letting him sleep on my side - I think this could be remedied with a bed rail.

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up? nothing coming up.

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? not a challenge but Jack is eating :)  I guess going with the flow of baby led weaning is somewhat of a challenge - he gagged on toast with avocado (he was trying to stuff his face).  I think my heart stopped watching him but he spit it out, smiled, and went back to it.

(5) Share your pregnancy exercise routine (if you have/had one). prenatal yoga once a week, walking/eliptical about 3 x's a week (just went to the gym whenever DH did and walked and read)  wish I had felt more comfortable swimming - I kept thinking that would be so a great way to exercise my tired (heavy) body.

(6) What's one item you've splurged on preparing for baby or since you've become a parent? most things were gifted so our splurge was his tripp trapp high chair.  So far we love it - so worth it.  Jack loves mealtime.

(7) Mamas: What do you wish you would have taken care of before you went into labor that you didn't think was important? not really - I didn't go into the office for about 2.5 weeks before so even though I was "taking it easy" I was able to clean, relax, etc.  ...if only my house was as clean now as it was then. :)

(8) Mamas: Was there anything you wish you packed in your hospital bag but didn't? Or a favorite/best item that you did pack? Is there anything you packed that turned out to be unnecessary? not really.  I figured someone could stop and buy whatever I needed so I didn't overpack but didn't think of anything I needed.  I guess liked having my own PJs and slippers.  My advice is to ask your ob/mw/doula/nurse what the hospital has and utilize that as much as possible.  ex: I knew they had a birth ball and heated towels/blankets so I didn't worry about sneaking in a heat pad or bringing my own ball.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"