New to The Bump
Options

Snarky-ness (Sorry for being preachy...)

I don't understand the satisfaction that some people get from fighting or ridiculing others. I feel it's especially bad via the internet, where there's that veil of anonymity, and you don't have to SEE the hurt you can cause the other person.

We're all here for the same reason. We want to have a baby. Some of  us will have a joyful pregnancy with no complications. Many of us will experience a loss. Some are trying to conceive... but what we all have in common is that we've got a long, emotional road ahead of us and our lives are being changed forever. Why not be supportive of others instead of mean and mocking?

Sorry, just my little rant. I just don't understand human beings sometimes. 

"If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?" -Milton Berle

Re: Snarky-ness (Sorry for being preachy...)

• Options
    imageMistyHinrichs:

I don't understand the satisfaction that some people get from fighting or ridiculing others. I feel it's especially bad via the internet, where there's that veil of anonymity, and you don't have to SEE the hurt you can cause the other person.

We're all here for the same reason. We want to have a baby. Some of  us will have a joyful pregnancy with no complications. Many of us will experience a loss. Some are trying to conceive... but what we all have in common is that we've got a long, emotional road ahead of us and our lives are being changed forever. Why not be supportive of others instead of mean and mocking?

I agree!!

• Options

I agree as well.  I saw someone post something yesterday about being annoyed with newbees on the 1st trimester board.  Um, where else should we go if we are newly pregnant?  Now I am afraid to post questions over there because I'm going to get "not this question again!"  We are all pregnant or trying to get pregnant, why can't we show respect to each other.  If you don't want to answer the question, then just don't comment.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It's the luxury that people have on an anonymous, public message board.

And some of it is response to how a post is worded. If you go onto a board and say, "Hi, I'm new, I'm looking for information about X, Y, or Z. I tried looking up the info online and/or talked to my doctor, but I still have questions", you're more than likely going to be welcomed and get helpful suggestions.

If, however, you don't bother to even lurk to determine the tone of the board (and there are definite "tones" on some boards), and post something like, "OMG, I'm soooooooooooooo excited to be a mommy! I just got goo in my panties and I'm going to have sex tonight! Could I be pregnant?", you're going to get the side-eye.

Plus there is history with some posters. The Nest/Bump never forgets.

And there are some who don't consider motherhood a long, emotional road ahead of them, who will already consider that dramatic (I don't have a problem with it, I'm just pointing it out).

It is what it is.

• Options

I'm the same here as I am anywhere else. Supportive but with a low tolerance for stupid. It has nothing to do with anonymity.

Just because you don't get the answer you want, in the exact tone of glitter farts and puppy dogs that you prefer, doesn't mean you should be lecturing people on how to behave.

How about you respond to posts how you wish to, and let others do the same? Life must be pretty upsetting for you if you let the fact that people discord in different ways affect you.

• Options
    imageMistyHinrichs:

Agree. I thought this place was somewhere to find help not to be put down for mispellings, mususe of words or not understanding something. Be nice people!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"