Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

what should 2 year old boy wear to sisters baptism

My daughters baptism is in August.  I hate to spend a lot of money on her gown or my sons outfit but I want them to both look cute :).

Ideas on this outfit for him to wear:

https://www.pinkprincess.com/l590bk.html

What did your older siblings wear to the babies baptism?

Re: what should 2 year old boy wear to sisters baptism

• Options

It depends on your family and what they expect. Some people have big fancy country club party receptions. Some have intimate back yard barbecues. I think that will dictate what your son wears more than anything. 

Personally, no matter the venue, I think a tux is too much. Khakis and a button down shirt would be fine for any venue really. You want the spotlight to be on DD, not the other sibling.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    met DH 1995 ~ married DH 2006 ~ completed our family 2008
    Life is good!
  • Options

Okay I totally see NOTHING wrong w/spending a good amount on your DD's blessing gown.  This is a special keepsake that she might use for her own child one day!

But during the twins blessing all eyes were on the twins, not their brother.  Unless the brother is actually participating I wouldn't shell out 50 dollars for an outfit he won't wear again.  Harmon wore his white shirt and tie w/slacks that he wears every week at church.  He looked cute and we still use the outfit every week.  This won't be a keepsake so I would be frugal.  

For your DS sometimes Burlington Coat Factory has old Easter suits or Christmas suits on sale. 

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would probably have him dress comprable to what DH would be wearing- Khakis or dressy pants and a white button down.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    my two year old son wore khakis and a button up shirt to his brother's communion which I put in the same category as a baptism. or dress him the same as you would for a holiday. he would have work his Easter outfit had it not been so unusually hot that day
    David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • Options
    Our DD's baptism was on a super hot/humid day last month. Our son wore khakis and a polo shirt. DH wore a suit but I didn't think it was necessary for DS to wear one in that heat.
  • Options
    thanks :). I was actually thinking of linen pants and a shirt and a tie but like that this suit is shorts. I hate the thought of putting pants on him. 
  • Options
    The linen shorts/suit sounds cute (and cool) :)
  • Options
    you can also try this one this is very much professional in flower girl dresses and have lot of satisfied customer all over the world.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"