Baby Showers
Options

Need help

I want to have a tea party shower, but have been unable to find cheap tea cups.  My 'vision' is  to have mismatched tea cups either as the center piece along with a teapot full of flowers, or as the favor...it depends on the cost of the tea cups.  When I do a search for tea cups, I tend to find really nice ones that cost too much....any ideas?  TIA
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Need help

• Options

Garage sales, Good Will, Salvation Army.  Do you have an Old Time Pottery near you?

I think you are just going to have to do leg work on this one.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Talk to older women in the family who might have some to borrow for the day.  I know that my mother inherited a bunch from her mother...and I have at least 2 or 3 because of DH's grandfather and my grandparents.  =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    $.99-$1.99 at my local Goodwill, even better if you watch the special tag color days.
    EPing resource blog: http://pumpingmoms.blogspot.com We want you to contribute your story!
  • Options
    imageCourtneyR2N:

Garage sales, Good Will, Salvation Army.  Do you have an Old Time Pottery near you?

I think you are just going to have to do leg work on this one.

This is exactly what I was going to suggest.  A dollar store could also be a place to check.  You could also ask some friends and family member if they have a few you could borrow.  BTW, my shower was a tea party also and it turned out great.  GL!

The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    The Bee Hive Blog
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!
    25 Weeks - GOAL MET 52.2 Pounds gone! 27 Weeks Total Pounds Lost: 54.0
  • Options
    Also, if you have an Asian Market near you...we have one and you can find beautiful (although they are not super quality) cups and saucers for 25 cents each (new).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Food Allergies to Eggs, Milk, Peanuts, Tree Nuts & Beef
    Challenged Soy and tolerated it.
  • Options

You could find out how many guests you are having and divide them up into tables say 6 tables of 6 ..... and get 6 sets of tea cups then each person at each table would have a different cup ..... or individually 

have you checked a Tuesday Morning or Ross Marshells, or T.J Max they always have little tea cup trinkets for 2 3 or 4 $ a piece....

I love the idea super cute ! 

• Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions...helps a lot :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"