High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

My tiny GD baby's birth story

So it has been a week since I have been on...and it has been quite a week!

We had a scheduled c-section due to our LO being breech.  We were supposed to go in Thursday (7/22) at 9 AM and would have a baby by 11:15...

Tuesday night I started having early labor signs: cramping, nauseau, losing my MP.  I called the OB and he said unless the contractions become regular, my water breaks, or I start bleeding no need to come in.

Wedensday morning started my maternity leave and my wife decided I should take her to work, go to my OB appointment, and then come hang out in her office all day in case something happened.  She was the only store manager on duty and had to be in or we would have just stayed home all day.  Went to the OB, he laughed at the fact that I was in 24 hours before my c-section and confirmed what the OB on call Tuesday had said. He never checked me since I was scheduled for a c-section and my contractions were highly irregular. Went home a couple of hours then went to the wife's office.  I clicked through some training on the pc for her then she put in a movie and let me lounge on the couch in the showroom (she works for a furniture store) as I was getting more uncomfortable.  I started keeping an eye on my contractions they were still really irregular (20m, 5m, 12m, 12m, 6m...) but they were getting stronger.  The wife got off and we stopped by the store for dog food and a drive thru for dinner. In the drive thru I told her we needed to start timing these things. We got home and were sitting in bed eating dinner timing contractions...Her mom started texting us about when we were going into the hospital (they were in WV for vacation) when it happened.  I felt like I needed to go to the bathroom and stood up...there went my water.  I looked at Ann and said we need to go to the hospital now my water just broke. She freaked out and started running around getting the dogs in the house, grabbing keys, etc while I changed and grabbed our bags.  We got to the hospital in record time all while attempting to get a hold of my parents (they went to a baseball game thinking we would not need them) and the OB (she called and forgot to give them my name so they had to call her back...lol). By the time we got to the hospital my irregular contraction were less than five minutes apart and I was already 3cm and completely effaced (maybe the OB should have checked me that morning...).  I have never seen L&D nurses work so fast to get an u/s (to confirm breech...had she not been we probably would have just had her...), get an IV started, and get someone hooked up to all the monitors.  At this point we were waiting on a full bag of fluids to go in me so I could get the spinal and have a baby.  Well I was having contractions less than two minutes apart and was terrifed we would be trying to stop me from pushing while waiting on the dang IV and to make it worse there was a ton of meconium (which of course made me even more nervous for our LO).  Finally I got a whole bag of fluids and our favorite NP from our practice came in (we were SO excited to see her!) to help wheel me in to the OR.  She helped me breathe through my contractions (about a minute apart...) while I got the spinal. Once that was in effect and they had me laid down on the table they brought Ann in and we got started. 

Kylie was officially born 12 hours ahaead of schedule at 11:14 PM on July 21.  She weighed a tiny 6lbs 2oz (at 37w they told us she was already 7lbs...) and was 20.5 in long.  None of the nurses could believe I had GD when they saw how tiny she was! We came home Saturday and have been doing wonderfully.  We ahd to switch to formula from BF as my milk never came in (apparently PCOS wreaks havoc with that too and no woman in my family has never been able to BF for the same reason) and she is still a little day/night confused but we are working out the kinks....

Forget the PIP I suck at it....unless the wife can figure it out when she gets home from work...here is the link to our online baby gallery pics they took at the hospital.

https://www.our365.com/NewbornPortraits/BabyDetail.aspx?birthid=5c439685-ac8c-4d2b-ae14-2c0b877cc92b&babyid=104b3f8d-4485-4beb-b6a5-d69c7629a175

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: My tiny GD baby's birth story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"