Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

can i gate check a travel system stroller while flying?

anyone know? i called the airline and the lady said she was "pretty sure." i guess i dont know if it's too big or not? anyone gate check a travel stroller?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: can i gate check a travel system stroller while flying?

• Options
    Yes, you can gate check the stroller and car seat. You can baggage check the car seat base for fee.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    you can check them or gate check them. Both options are free.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure you can gate check just about anything.  The better question would be, "Can I gate check a travel system without having to pay and arm and a leg to do it?"

Piper, 4/10/10
    Connor, 3/16/15
    Morgan, EDD 9/22/16

• Options

imageIrishBrideND:

Hmm - That's actually really good to know.  With all the new fees airlines are imposing, I'm really surprised by this.

Piper, 4/10/10
    Connor, 3/16/15
    Morgan, EDD 9/22/16

• Options
    imageFlowr4246:

imageIrishBrideND:

Hmm - That's actually really good to know.  With all the new fees airlines are imposing, I'm really surprised by this.

You can on delta and united, at least. Those are the two airlines I've used since having DD.

I prefer to wear her through the airport (i find it easier than the travel system) so I check the stroller and such if I need to bring it with me.

• Options
    We did last week... I bought a gate check bag after talking with my cousin who didnt and her stroller was torn when she got it back. It was a pain to get the stroller in the bag but it worked and I felt better. We didnt have to pay any extra fees... I think this is the one area that airlines dont charge you on : ) We also were able to take car seat on the plane with us because there were empty seats.. It was nice to have him strapped in and ready to go when we got off the plane. I only had him out of it to eat and then he slept the rest of the time.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

We gate check both the car seat and the stroller.  I know it's free on Delta and I think that's pretty universal.  I personally would never check it at the counter because of the extra abuse the items would receive through the baggage belts.  I saw a show on that once and the force that is used sometimes is pretty intense.  I would hate to have a carseat fail on me because it got smashed up on the baggage belt!

• Options
    we've done it for free with American, Frontier, and Southwest.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"