Boston Babies

Maternity Clothes - Need Suggestions

So I'm pregnant with baby number 2 and have tried not to buy too many maternity clothes since this will be our last child. Now that I'm 30 weeks along, I've realized that I'm in desperate need of shorts/pants that are not jeans - I am SO sick of wearing dresses.  Anyway, I'm having a really tough time finding pants that I like in my size (I'm barely 5' 3" and weighed 113 pre-pregnancy).  I live in Metrowest and the GAP in Natick doesn't carry my size (need a size 1 and they only carry down to size 2), Destination Maternity has very few extra small pants, Target's bottoms are too big and I'm having no luck ordering off the web (just placed an order from Ann Taylor Loft and the pants were HORRIBLE - very expensive, very poor quality, rough fabric).

With all of that being said, are there ANY other options for maternity clothing in Metrowest besides the GAP, Target and Destination Maternity?  I'm willing to travel beyond Metrowest if I have to - so any suggestions in the general Boston area would be appreciated as well.

Re: Maternity Clothes - Need Suggestions

• I don't have any suggestions on maternity clothing but have you tried going up a size or so in regular pants instead of wearing maternity?
  • Thanks for the suggestion. I'm all belly and it is HUGE (people keep asking me if I'm due this month when I still have 2 more months to go!) so there is no way that I could button or zip regular pants but I can get away with wearing regular pants with an elastic waist or drawstring (something that goes under my belly).  I'm thinking that's the route I'm going to have to take.  

With my last pregnancy, I wore a belly band with my regular pants but in this hot summer weather it is just so uncomfortable wearing the bands with shorts or capris. 

• Loading the player...
  • It's very hit or miss, but you could try the Savers in Framingham.  Also, try Kohl's in Framingham.  I bought some shorts and capris there.  And they are on sale now.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I did see elastic waist pants at Old Navy, they were cute but casual.

I also am wearing my husbands work out shorts on weekends b/c I was having a hard time finding anything as well. 

Also try the elastic waisted skirts (gap outlet in Watertown had them) I've lived in these all summer, they are regular sizes but can either sit on your stomach or below it pretty comfortably and I wear them when I'm not prego! 

Good luck! 

• Thanks everyone - I am so hot and miserable and want to look somewhat attractive through the rest of this pregnancy!
  • If you are looking for GAP Maternity clothes, there is another GAP at the Atrium Mall in Chestnut Hill that I have had good luck at.  There is also a second hand store on the same floor that carries some maternity options.  I also believe Old Navy in Natick carries some maternity options (some - not many). 

Good luck!

• Have you tried H&M in Downtown Crossing?  I got some cute winter maternity clothes there when I was pregnant with my first...and bonus was that they were super cheap.

I just hit up Old Navy and Target the other day -- you're right, the pickings are pretty slim!  I've been wearing knit dresses and elastic waist skirts constantly. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I second the suggestion of the second hand shop at the Atrium Mall.  The maternity section is in the back on the left and it was chock full of really nice - including some designer - items the other day.  It changes constantly, of course, but worth a check if you're already hitting up Gap Maternity!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"