Two Under 2
Options

trying to 'save' me from LO#1

This is mostly a vent.  I haven't had #2 yet, but the last time MIL was here, she would try to "save" me from picking up my DD.  Anytime DD would try to come to me, she'd say "Mommy's busy, come to Grandma!"   It would just make DD upset and I kind of wanted to see her anyway.  Plus, I feel like there are better ways to distract her.

I'm just thinking the same thing is going to happen when #2 is here, and sure there will be times when I can't be with my DD.  But I also want to be there for her when I can and pointing out that mommy is busy with baby brother isn't what I want either.

I know I'll just have to talk with her about this, and I know she's just trying to help, but ugh...  Anyone else have this situation?

Re: trying to 'save' me from LO#1

• Options

First off Petra is such an adorable name!  And it is VERY important to include your DD in the new baby as much as possible, I would honestly risk pissing off your MIL if that's what you have to do because it is best for your child.  I'd try to talk to her nicely about it, like tell her "this is our plan".  If she doesn't follow what you want for your child you have to call her on it, but if she isn't aware then it's not her fault :)  GL!  I know it is hard because you dont want to offend her but its ultimately a huge deal thing for DD. 

Snuggling after a nap! Claira 2 yrs and Sophia 11 months Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

My parents did this too. When I got back from the hospital with #2, DS comes running up with his arms out, expecting to be picked up.  My dad got in front of me and told me not to pick him up.  His heart was in the right place, but oh my god, I just wanted to give my son a hug.  I had never been away so long before. 

Maybe it would help to have a brief conversation beforehand about how you know your MIL is looking out for you, but you want to pick up your daughter:)  I don't know.  Everything I tried didn't work.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"