Houston Babies

Crib hoarding?

Finley has been crazier and crazier about more and more stuffed animals in her crib.  I get that, I guess.

She has now moved onto books.  At first, I refused, but then I didn't want to discourage her from books, so I gave in.  Now, she insists on having whatever books we read before she goes to bed.  It is out of control.  She is up in her crib saying "more book" over and over again right now.  I gave her one book and for whatever reason, that isn't enough.  Anyone gone through anything like this?  I really want her to love books and I am thrilled she does, but it is getting out of hand.  Any advice?

Thanks!

Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
So Tasty, So Yummy

Re: Crib hoarding?

• The animal thing was out of control for awhile. We just had to take them all away and only allow one. (If we went to two, then it would cascade.)

Lucas was angry with us when he didn't get his way. With persistence, we finally curbed that issue and moved on to new ones. 

• We have same issues with Grant, but so far isolated to blankets and stuffed animals.He usually goes to sleep with about 4 stuffed animals and 10 blankets.  We actually go in there and take some of them out after he goes to sleep.  IMO pick your battles, and this one just wasn't worth it for us. I would just set a limit, show her two books and tell her she can pick one of those or something? Or maybe show 3 and she can pick 2?

I forget who it was that posted on here that their kiddo slept with their step stool in their crib. Toddlers are so strange!

• Loading the player...
  • Marion sleeps with who knows how many books at night.  It doesn't bother her sleeping and it gives us fifteen or twenty extra minutes in the morning as she'll read them when she wakes up, so we let her have as many as she wants.
  • we read and read ..b/c he will say more book too....but we read on our bed....and then once he zonks out we move him to his bed...but yes he does like to look at all the books or at one time balloons/balls.....we just take it away after he falls asleep
  • Jackson sleeps with a huge pile of books as well.  And they go wherever he goes.  So, every morning, I have to take them out and bring them into the living room and then put them back in his crib at bed time.  He also sleeps with 3 blankets.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Julia's pretty out of control with her crib animals and books.  I go through and clear out all but one or two books every couple days, but she'd know if I took a single one of her 2 dozen animals out.

If she asks for yet another thing when she's already down, I'm usually a sucker and give her "just one more."  After that, I really do stop.

imageimage
    6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
    My Blog! All about my girls and quilting
  • Reagan went through a stage where she had to sleep with the book that was read before bed. It was a tad annoying as she would cry out in the middle of the night when it poked her! She out grew it though. 
    Crazy Christmas Kids!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"