Pregnant after a Loss
Options

How high blood pressure would make you call Dr?

Mine has been really low this whole pg... but last pg the bottom # kept getting high then going back down.

I just felt like my heart was racing, so I took my bp, and it was 118/83.  I know that's not panic bad, but alot higher than it has been.  Would you call Dr or just tell her at my next appt on Thurs?

Re: How high blood pressure would make you call Dr?

• Options
    I would keep monitoring it and if it keeps going up call her.  Otherwise, I would wait until the next appt.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If that's high for you I would just call your doctor's office and let the nurse at least note it in your file and tell your doc. If they determine they need to see you, they'll def let you know. They may just want you to come in and grab an Orange Bottle of Shame to check your protein.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i had problems with bp last pg and i would call right away because it is nothing to mess around with.
  • Options
    That is a totally normal reading. Normal is 120/80 but I know that this seems high for you so if you are worried than call the doc or nurse.
  • Options

My BP is normally really low (averages 102/60 or so)...but I have had appts it was up closer to 120/80 and my OB wasn't concerned at all.

If you have an appt soon maybe wait...but keep monitoring if you're concerned!

• Options
    imageKelzinBoston:

My BP is normally really low (averages 102/60 or so)...but I have had appts it was up closer to 120/80 and my OB wasn't concerned at all.

If you have an appt soon maybe wait...but keep monitoring if you're concerned!

Same thing has happened to me.  Mine is generally low- but then I have had a few reads in the 120/80 range.  I think I would just continue to monitor and then make a call if it goes up more or if you feel any other symptoms.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MW says call if bottom number is at/over 90. Go to hospital if over 94
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • Options

My doctor said that if you're using a digital wrist cuff (sold at a lot of pharmacies) that it's not truly accurate.  She told me not to bother taking it at home unless I knew a nurse who could come over with a blood pressure cuff.  (I do know a nurse, my brother-in-law, but I haven't had him over yet for that.)  She said if I start to have ANY signs of increased BP (facial/hand swelling, headache not resolved with tylenol, right quadrant abdominal pain), then I'm to call and go to the hospital. 

Your number looks okay to me.  I've been running 140-150/80-90, which IS considered hypertensive.  Those numbers, coupled with my over 300 value on the 24 hr urine make me pre-eclamsic.  Fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"