Maryland Babies

What's to do in Annapolis?

DH wants to go to the Lacrosse Championship week end in Annapolis. Wondering what we can do around there? Unfortunately the games will take up most of the daytime.

We aren't sure where we are going to stay - Either the Westin or something a little further away - the Best Western Annapolis.

Any advice... I saw a sunset cruise on a schooner - anyone done that. I love photography - and think I could get some nice pictures.

Any good restaurants.. nothing too expensive but nice? 

Ruth

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What's to do in Annapolis?

• If you don't get any responses, post this on the Baltimore Nest board.

• There are quite a few decently priced places to eat downtown, Federal Hill is pretty new, good, but not too expensive.  They have pretty good crab cakes too.  I've never done a sunset cruise on a schooner, but I've been out quite a bit with friends and family quite a bit during sunset and you can get some really nice pictures.  I would just suggest walking around the harbor/downtown area, up to state circle, church circle.  The downtown area is the historic area and you can get a lot of great pictures there, and there are a ton of little shops to browse through. If I had a choice I would stay at the Westin.  If you are around on Sunday I would try having tea at Reynolds Tavern on Church circle, it's a nice place to have a good relaxing brunch.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Soooo many great places to eat in downtown Annapolis!  To name a few, Level (on West St.), Boatyard (in Eastport), great ice cream at Kilwins (on Main St.).  There are a ton of little shops (some touristy) that you can walk around and enjoy the views.  I too am into photography and love love love taking pictures around Annapolis.  The old historic homes are great for photos.  I have never done the schooner tours, but I have taken one of the Watermark tours on the bigger boats.  They are fun and give you a little background about the Naval Academy and such.  Which by the way, as long as you have your license you can walk around the academy also.  

Hope you have fun--there is a ton to do in Annapolis! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"