South Florida Babies
Options

Ummmmmmmmmmmm...

So remember my dilemma about whether to have Emma's 1st birthday party at a park or at home? Well I just called the park where I really wanted to have it and they are already BOOKED for her birthday. WWWWW. TTTTT. FFFFFF.

I really thought I had plenty of time. Why does it all of a sudden feel like December is closing in on me?!?!?!? I've seen ads for Halloween costumes already and I had an email from TRU in my inbox the other day regarding Cyber Monday. The year is slipping through our fingers...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Ummmmmmmmmmmm...

• Options

I hate when that happens :o( Halloween is right around the corner and I neeeed to be prepared for our costumes because i'm always running around last minute! UGH!!

• Options

Michael's is all decked out in Halloween / Fall decor already, and all of summer stuff is already on clearance.  CRAZY.  And in about 16 wks, my boys will be here!  Time is flying like it is nobody's business.

Hope you find an alternate park if that is what you decided on!  The one by my house (Continental Park) has a nice gazeebo right in the middle of the basketball court (if dads want to play) and the playground.  And if you want, it has an indoor shelter too (each is seperate rental).

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm calling my 2nd and 3rd choice parks now to see what their availability is. And if not, since were on the fence about wanting to do it at home anyway, maybe this is just a sign to bite the bullet and do it at home. We'll see...

I think my mom is going to make Emma's halloween costume so I'm not too rushed with that, but it's crazy that all of this is going on already! We wanted to buy some patio furniture and we were going to wait for the end of summer sales, but I guess that's NOW? LOL.

Jackie, I can't believe you have only 16 weeks left. CRAZY :)

• Options
    imageSouthMiamiWifeJen:
    I think my mom is going to make Emma's halloween costume so I'm not too rushed with that, but it's crazy that all of this is going on already! We wanted to buy some patio furniture and we were going to wait for the end of summer sales, but I guess that's NOW? LOL.

Jackie, I can't believe you have only 16 weeks left. CRAZY :)

Home Depot has some nice patio sets on sale now.  I know, we waited until the end of the season, and we didn't have may options.  Costco & BJs also have some nice stuff, but a bit more $... not knowing your budget.  We got a floor model at Sears at end of season (w/ only 5 chairs LOL) and got an awesome deal.  Inquire. 

And I know, I got to get my butt moving preparing their room!

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

That's crazy!  And, I can't believe there's Halloween and Cyber Monday advertisements!  School hasn't even started yet.  

• Options
    imageMrsJOSEnADRI:

That's crazy!  And, I can't believe there's Halloween and Cyber Monday advertisements!  School hasn't even started yet.  

That's another thing...all the schools now have the supplies on sale and all their Back to School signs up! I guess that's reasonable since we're already at the end of July, but still...such a bummer :( I don't want the summer to be over!

• Options
    Yeah, this year is FLYINGGGGG by...
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

That happened to us.  I tried to book months in advance for July and every weekend was taken.  DD's birthday was July 1.  Her party will be August 1 =(

• Options

No kidding! I walked into Cracker Barrell the other day and they have all their halloween stuff displayed. IN JULY! I was like....what universe am I in?

I hope you can find another park!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i'm one of those plan-ahead moms. i booked mady's party in december 2009 when her bday was not until april 2010. even then, i had a hard time booking a park b/c most were sold out already. speaking of which, it was your post that got me thinking of halloween. so i found mady's halloween costume for this yr on ebay for $13! thank you for getting my mind rolling on that lol
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That happened to us when we were planning Eli's 2nd Birthday - I started planning in July and  his birthday's in October...all of the shelters were booked and finally found ONE left at Amelia Earhart without electricity and water. .  CRAZY!  It will all work out!  Keep looking around. ANd as far as halloween goes - I know what we'll be dressing the kids up but haven't made any purchases :0)
  • Options
    Wow! Can't believe they're booked already! Sorry ;( I would have thought you had plenty of time too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"