TTC After a Loss
Options

What do you do to lengthen your Luteal Phase?

This month my cycle was super crazy.  My LP was all of 8 days,  but it was my first month charting.  I'm hoping it was just a wacky cycle and I really don't have such short LP's.  But for curiosity's sake, do you do anything to lengthen your LP? and if so what? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What do you do to lengthen your Luteal Phase?

• Options

I had a longer LP on the cycles I took Vitex (went from 10/11 to 12).

But, 8 is pretty short. If you have a history (3+ cycles) of less than 10, a visit to the dr is probably in order.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options

In the "Peas" Shell has listed some common home remedies that help with various things, check it out, I don't remember if it was vitex or green tea or POM...oh wait nevermind here is what I found for you:

From "the Peas"

Vitex- I am the one woman marketing machine when it comes to this stuff. Vitex works similarly to Clomid and you're not supposed to take it if you're on fertility treatments. Vitex aka chasteberry help to straighten out wonky cycles, aide in ovulation and help lengthen your luteal phase. The first month I took Vitex, my luteal phase went from 8 days to 11 days. AMAZING. Technically it takes 3 months to really take effect but you might see results earlier. You can take it throughout your cycle, though some say to stop. I never did. The dosage, i've never found a consistent recommendation. Some say 100mg, some say 1000. I took 480ish in the morning with my vitamins. Also, if you get pregnant, you're supposed to stop the vitex, however many midwives and bumpies have said it's ok in first tri, so ask your doctor/midwife.

B6- I only know of B6 helping people with Luteal Phase Deficiencies, increasing progesterone production. I've not found a consensus on the "right" dosage, but please be careful. Eventhough B6 is water soluble, it can still be toxic. In what I've read, there's no agreement on toxic dosage. I personally take 100mg, another bumpie takes 200mg. Some research says you can take up to 500mg without risking toxicity, but please talk to your doctor since it is so controversial.

Progesterone- there are many forms of this, most ladies get it from their doctor with specific instructions. However, there are the natural creams you can buy from an herbal store, it's not as "potenent' as what you would get from your doctor, but if you use it after ovulation it will help lengthen your luteal phase. It's also recommended for the 1st tri of pregnancy. And, a good note, it's practically in possible to overdose on progesterone--especially when taking herbal progesterone. So if you put too much lotion on (2 to 6 pumps is what I've read as a recommendation) don't freak. You won't hurt anything. Just be careful to take it AFTER ovulation if you take it before, you can actually stop ovulation from happening.

HTH--rachel

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp 01/23/10 m/c 12w1d 03/14/10 EDD 09/24/10
    bfp 07/20/10 m/c 5w1d 07/25/10
    bfp 11/19/10 Born 07/24/11 via C/S

My Forever Sister From Another Mister~CashewsMommy!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Where do you get vitex and is this something prescribed by your doc or just otc?  How do you decide what dosage to start with when taking this? Side effects, risks etc?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • Options

Heres's a nice list:

?         Vitex - 1,000 mg daily, it's supposed to be better than B6.  Combine Vitex with Red Raspberry for LPD.

?         Omega 3 Fish Oil ? 2,000-4,000 mg daily.

?         Red Raspberry - 1,000 mg daily.  Strengthens the uterine lining.  Combine RR with Vitex or B6 for LPD.

?         B6 ? 100 mg is a good amount, but no more than 200 mg daily.  Take it at the same time as your multi or prenatal vitamin.   It is used to lengthen the LP.  Combine with Red Raspberry.  If you don't like Vitex, try B6.

?         Progesterone - your dr can prescribe this.

?         Pomegranate juice ? helps build uterine lining, also helps men with sperm quality and mobility.  1 glass per day.     

?         FertileCM ? supports a healthy uterine lining, among other things

?         Accupunture ? helps improve blood flow to build a stronger uterine lining

?         Fertilaid ? this is available for both men and women, includes vitamins and supplements needed to conceive.  Includes Vitex.

?         Fertilitea ? Includes ingredients needed to promote fertility, includes Vitex.

?         Flaxseed oil - Take 1 tbsp daily (from O to AF) or 2,000 mg per day. Flax Seeds are rich in omega-3 Essential fatty Acids ?EFA? magnesium, potassium and fiber to continue steady level of EFA (EFO is EFA) throughout cycle.. Is a source of essential fatty acids.

?         Baby Asprin ? take only one (1) per day. aka Children?s Aspirin ? 81 mg.  Start at any time of cycle. Aspirin is known to suppress natural killer cells in the uterus, so it is used for those with immune problems. Because Aspirin thins your blood, it also improves blood flow to the ovaries, improving follicle development, and improves blood flow to the uterus, improving the quality of the uterine lining. This increases the odds that implantation will be successful. Also, during pregnancy, it will help prevent miscarriage in those prone to blood clots. Having blood clots form in the placenta and/or umbilical cord is the cause of many of these pg losses.

?         Vitamin E ? increases progesterone.  150iu per day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"