Postpartum Depression

Intro

I gave to birth to our son Thomas on July 4th. I had a few complications during and following the delivery that brought on my anxiety. I thought I would feel much more like myself as I physically recovered. Instead I feel like a stranger in my own skin. OB gave me Zoloft 1 week after delivery, and it has now been two weeks, and I am noticing a small change. It really scares me that I do not feel like myself, and I hope that this feeling will end soon. I have been blessed with a calm and peaceful baby, and am so proud of him. I really wish that I could fully enjoy this time with him. Any advice or encouragement would really be appreciated.

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway" ~John Wayne Pregnancy Ticker Grow Baby Grow!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Intro

• The meds can take several weeks to "fully" kick in.  Give it some time.  It is good that you are noticing a small change.  Some tips - get help from family and friends.  Anyone willing to give it.  You know how people aways say - I'm going to the store, do you need anything?  Take them up on that.  Say, yes, actually, I need a loaf of bread.  Just something you actually need.  Go for a small walk.  Anything to get out of the house for 15 minutes or so.  I didn't do that right away.  Well, I couldn't - but that is a whole different issue.  Do some things for yourself too.  Don't forget you - a happy mamma, makes a happy baby.  GL, and make sure you keep your OB informed on how you are feeling.  They may need to increase or change your meds.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for the advice. I know it will help to get out of the house. I found a group of moms that are having a "get to know you" breakfast in a couple of weeks. Hopefully I can make a few new connections. We have a very supportive family, but they are hours away. Most of our friends work full time and have kids in high school, and they are swamped with their own schedules. Right now it just feels like I am all alone a lot of the time. I know in time it will get better, but I am just so anxious to feel better soon. I will stop rambling, thanks for your time :)
    "Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway" ~John Wayne Pregnancy Ticker Grow Baby Grow!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"