Baby Showers
Options

Poll: Addressing thank you's at the shower

2»

Re: Poll: Addressing thank you's at the shower

• Options
    ctanactana member

imageNovemberRain29:
    Truthfully, this has been standard procedure at every single shower (bridal or baby) that I've ever attended.  I never stopped to think about whether it was proper etiquette.  It doesn't really bother me, but I can see how it would be considered tacky.

Why are you being asked for this? Didn't someone mail you an invitation to begin with?  Someone's got your address.....why do they need you to write it again? How could you not question this?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagepam1005:

imageNovemberRain29:
    Truthfully, this has been standard procedure at every single shower (bridal or baby) that I've ever attended.  I never stopped to think about whether it was proper etiquette.  It doesn't really bother me, but I can see how it would be considered tacky.

This exactly for me.  Almost every shower I've been to I've done this.   I really never thought anything of it.  I can see how if you've never seen it done, then you may be a bit put off. 

Ditto this. I was a bit surprised the 1st time I encountered it but actually thought it was a good idea. I like the idea of using them to draw for small gifts for the guests. And who's to say the bride/mommy does have all the addresses if it's a surprise shower? I think as long as someone is also recording gifts so a giver isn't overlooked come note writing time it's fine.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think it's fine to ask someone to write their name on an envelope for a shower. If it were done at a more formal event (think wedding), it would be tacky. 

A bride (think bridal shower) or mom-to-be has ENOUGH to worry about and this takes one thing off of her list and could save her quite a bit of time. It honestly takes the guest about the same amount of time as writing it in a guest book or other form of "signing in" @ the door.

In addition, I've attended many baby showers through an online invitation via email and those friends may or may not have my address handy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"