Boston Babies

convertible cribs

wondering where people are planning on purchasing/registering for their cribs?  we're looking for a convertible one that is reasonably priced and with a solid headboard piece...

is 400 more than you would plan on spending or registering for?  i think it is reasonable considering it is going to be used long term but i'm worried some family members might not think it is appropriate that we register for something that expensive.... 

Re: convertible cribs

• We didn't register for a crib - it was a purchase that we decided we would make on our own. 

For us, yes, $400 is more than we would spend on a crib, and I don't think I would register for it, but that's me.

Do you have any family members who have offered to help with the purchasing of baby furniture?  If anyone has, the crib might be a good suggestion...

• we have friends/family that would probably consider going in on it together for a shower gift...i am wondering if we should just take it off the registry and if someone asks we can tell them the one we're looking at?
  • Loading the player...
  • My MIL pretty much demanded when we told her at 10weeks that we were expecting that she would provide the crib.  She found an amazing one and I believe she said she found it for about 200.  (it is completely convertible too).
  • i don't know where else to look for something that's reasonable...

we looked at target, babies r us, jordans (which i figured would be pricey but looked anyway)...any suggestions would be great :)

• imageegb927:

i don't know where else to look for something that's reasonable...

we looked at target, babies r us, jordans (which i figured would be pricey but looked anyway)...any suggestions would be great :)

Baby Furniture Warehouse?

• Definitely check out Baby Furniture Warehouse.  It's pricey, but they have good quality.  It was nice that our crib never ended up on a recall list!  We paid about $1500 there for a convert. crib, 1 tall bureau, 1 bureau/changing table and end table.  Now the furniture has worked out for 2 kids because we split up the bureaus and baby #1 has just about grown out of his crib.

If you're looking at a convertible crib, then you're hoping that it'll last a while. I was okay w/spending more on this furniture b/c I figured our kids were going to be stuck w/it for the next 18 or so years!  There's a lot of crap you don't need to spend $ on w/ a baby, but for us, this was $ well spent.

Happy shopping! 

• I went to Buy buy baby in Nashua NH today and found they had a lot of cribs to choose from in all different price ranges. I found one that was beautiful for $499, and with the 20% discount coupons they send out it will be even cheaper. 
  • We went to Jordan's and they didn't have a set we liked - we were looking for something long term.  We liked the selection at Baby Furniture Warehouse.  Plus we want it delivered other wise we might try Buy Buy Baby in Nashua.  My in laws are buying the crib and my parents insist on buying the rest of the set.  We are very lucky!
  • We registered for our crib from Pottery Barn Kids (Kendall crib) and I believe it was around $400 (maybe $500).  We've used it for two years with our son and plan on using it for another two years for our next child (due this fall) so I feel it was worth the investment. It has held up great. One set of grandparents purchased the crib and the other purchased the matching dresser. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"