Baby Showers
Options

Am I the only one with no friends ???

Haha, I feel like it! I just got my address list to my best friend who is throwing me a shower...and other than the two of us, it only has fifteen girls on it. My family all lives across the country so won't be attending, and I am not inviting anyone I'm not reasonably close to. I keep seeing posts about showers with 50+ people though (and the one with 120 guests!)

Anyone else have a small shower?

Re: Am I the only one with no friends ???

• Options
    This is our second so Im having 6 people :D A good friend of mine had 20 people including family. I think smaller showers are nice and intimate. Our first shower was a big huge to-do and I was overwhelmed and did not get to visit at all with any one. I would much rather have had LESS family there than anything.
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ill awnser the first question- your not the only one! My shower has about 40 invites- but 36 of them are friends. I never thought about it but after getting married my list went down to 3 girls I love so much and the rest I just 'know' but would never invite to my shower!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    15 is a great number.  You want to be able to socialize with ALL of your guests. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

The best baby shower I have ever attended (and I have been to a ton) had 10 people in attendance.  We were all able to chat with each other as well as the mom to be and the food was fabulous.  I hope you have a great shower!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I had about 16 ppl @ my shower and it was PERFECT!!

I don't live near family so I didn't have to invite my neighbor's best friend's dogsitter just because I have known her forever ;) 

• Options

I will likely only have about 15 people at my shower...my invite list is about 25 but several of those people are WAY out of town and I'm about 99% sure they will not be there. This includes all of my side of the family and my closest friends.

We may have a shower in DH's hometown but honestly there would only be about 10 people there. I wouldn't know 50 people to invite to these showers combined if I tried...I don't know if others just have big families or what!

He's growing up, but he'll always be my baby!

Nathan--11/4/10

...big brother to...???? Due March 2014!

• Options
    I am the same way, I was thinking about mine and it will only have about 15 people, I have a few close friends and that is it.  It gets better once your child gets in school, I have met many more friends helping at my ds's school, but they are not people I would invite to my shower, we are not that close.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

awww, don't feel badly! i had friend who had 100+ guests at her shower but they are not her good friends. to me, i think quality matters more than quantity when it comes to friends. invite whoever you feel you should invite, there is no right or wrong way to do things. have fun at your shower!

• Options

15 friends is something! I am literally not having a shower because I would be embrassed if there were only 6 people there. Which there would be and they are all family.

I have been to several showers for "friends" the past few months and I know for a fact that they wouldn't come to my shower so I refuse to have one. I really don't have anyone close in my life and can afford to buy all of my baby's things anyways so I'm skipping the whole shower scene.

• Options
    imagealtarrose:

Haha, I feel like it! I just got my address list to my best friend who is throwing me a shower...and other than the two of us, it only has fifteen girls on it. My family all lives across the country so won't be attending, and I am not inviting anyone I'm not reasonably close to. I keep seeing posts about showers with 50+ people though (and the one with 120 guests!)

Anyone else have a small shower?

If anyone gives us a shower, it will be tiny.  I have no family within 1500 miles and very few close girlfriends.  Like you, I refuse to think about inviting people that i'm not pretty close to.  We're operating under the "not having one" assumption.  A friend has offered, but she's a flake and i doubt she'll ever bring it up again.

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Options

I think the proximity of family makes a huge difference.  Both DH and I grew up in this area and almost all of our family lives here.  If we lived even just a few hours away our guest list would be about half of what it is.

As far as friends go, I have very few as well.  My Family shower is huge and ridiculous, my friends shower is small and intimate.  I am looking forward to my friend shower much more than the family one.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I hear ya. We had about 45 invites (family and friends total), and even though my hostesses sent the save the date out months ago (because August is a tough month), most can't come and it is looking like 12-15 people will be there.  I was hoping for a better turn out - this is my first shower of any kind (no wedding shower) but I am grateful that our friends are hosting one.
  • Options
    There are 15 people on my list.. all but 4 of them are family. Once we got married, we just stopped hanging out with a lot of people. Plus most of our friends are guys. I felt like a total loser when I wrote down the guest list..
  • Options
    I'm not due until January so nowhere near a shower, but I saw your post and wanted to make you feel better. If I had a shower that was just my friends (not family) there would probably be less than 10 people there and most of them wouldn't know each other. My DH has a huge family and my mom will prob invite a lot of her friends. I lost touch with most of my good friends after high school, and I would only invite one woman I work with. Most of the other girls are a few friends I have kept in touch with, or DH's friends' wives/girlfriends. But my shower will mostly be family and women who have kids my age.
  • Options
    arykaharykah member
    I had 3 showers with different amounts of people from different walks of life.  2 of them had about 15-25 people, and they were both very nice and intimate.  Then I had one with about 40 people and while it was put together so nicely, I felt like I bored everyone opening up all the presents!! I think 15 tis an ideal number!! Needless to say, I still barely got anything off of our registry, everyone bought us clothes!
  • Options
    Our 1st shower was my biggeset, it was co-ed, but I think it was only 25 people........and I felt overwhelmed. My 2nd and 3rd, were sprinkles, mostly we got together played games and celebrated baby coming soon with good food. I only had between 6-8 people for those, and wasn't embarrassed a bit.....the people that come are the people that love you and are really excited that your having a baby, why be embarrassed that they are the only ones there?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"