Potty Training

2 steps forward, 2 steps back

At the begining of last week, DD was doing great..... going to the potty 6-7 times a day and even at daycare.  By the end of the week she wasn't really going.  She even said "I dont want to pee on the potty, I want to pee in my diaper".  We made a big deal about buying Dora underpants at Target yesterday but now I'm aprehensive to put them on her.  This cycle of interest/disinterest in the potty has been going on for quite a while.  Is this typical?  While I am in no rush to push her to be PT, I want to make sure that I'm still encouraging her and not being lazy about it. 

Re: 2 steps forward, 2 steps back

• We are in the same boat.  ds has been accident free for over a month, now he has at least one per day and he has stopped telling me that he has to go.  I'm interested to see the responses to this.
  • Olivia will be accident free (pee) one day and the next she won't say a word. It goes back and forth. I don't know what to do. I honestly know that she knows what she's doing because she'll say mommy pee pee I wanna m and m walk to the potty pee when she feels like it
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Grrrr.  This has been my day today.  DS has been accident free for well over a week.  Today not so much.  We went to the store and he was fine.  Once we got home he has been a little toot.  He was in time out twice for hitting me and decided to pee in the pack n play.  He has just gone to the bathroom too.  I can't wait until naptime and start fresh this afternoon.  We both need a break.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"