Snarky and T-TTC
Options

My Chocolate Mousse making disaster...I mean experience

Well first there was the dozen eggs i had to throw out cause the yolks kept breaking into the whites.  This caused many many curse words to be yelled.  Then I didn't have any orange liquor, and the egg yolk, sugar concoction turned out WAY too thick.  That was tossed.  Had to break 4 more eggs, which apparently was a fresher batch cause they cooperated (or Murphy's law finally gave be a break).   Went to the store to get liquor.  Then I read the recipe wrong and add 1/2 cup of orange liquor instead of 1/4 cup...oops.  So I cooked the yolks over the double broiler twice the recommended amount of time.  Still not sure if the mixture was thick enough, but oh well.  Thankfully my batch of bad lucked seemed to end, the chocolate mixture and the egg white mixture went off without a hitch.  It is now sitting in my fridge...IT BETTER BE GOOD! 

Re: My Chocolate Mousse making disaster...I mean experience

• Options
    Update:  it was amazing!
  • Options
    Glad it was worth all the trouble!
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
  • Options
    t.birdt.bird member

good Lord woman- i'm glad it turned out well.

let this be a lesson, always seperate your eggs into a seperate bowl & then add them to the main bowl of yolks- then if you screw up one it's only one- not 12. heh.

• Options
    Lol tbird, that is what I ended up doing.  I have never, ever had that many yolks break on me before.  Once I switched to the second dozen I had, everything went swimmingly.  It must have just been a bad batch for separating. 
  • Options
    Glad it was worth all that maddness!  You are a brave woman to make chocolate mousse...I have never even thought of attempting it!
  • Options
    Well, DH loved it so much he was bragging to his manager about it.  Her eyes got huge and she said Mousse was her absolute favorite.  So DH insisted I make more again last night (it didn't take much convincing, lol) and it went MUCH smoother this time.  It took me less than an hour from start to finish and I didn't waste any eggs this time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"