Military Families

Any 29 Palms ladies?

We've been here for nearly 3 years (hoping to make our escape soon though) and thought I'd see if there are any other 29 ladies on here?

Re: Any 29 Palms ladies?

• Almost lol. DH had orders for 29 Palms but they were changed to stay here in Quantico...wasn't too excited about the whole 29 Palms thing.
  • I'm not at 29 Palms, but I wanted to send you some PCS dust.  I consider that place to be a hardship tour.  Good luck!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I miss 29, but then again I have fallen in love with every place we have been.  I'd go back to 29 anytime.
  • My husband and I are out here,  and also hoping to escape very very soon! He just deployed, so fingers crossed we get orders written when he comes back.

• imageSheilaE:
    I miss 29, but then again I have fallen in love with every place we have been.  I'd go back to 29 anytime.

How can you possibly love 29?!?!?! To each their own :) I definitely wish I had your attitude about this place!

• imageSheilaE:
    I miss 29, but then again I have fallen in love with every place we have been.  I'd go back to 29 anytime.

I'm with Sheila (she knows that, lol).

I didn't realize it while I was there, but it's a good base.  

5/100
    "So if you decide to date the guy from Applebees instead will your new SN be "mypearlshisapron?" Your new sig can be "putting the ho in nachos.""- DNBeach12
    PersonalMilestone
  • We're out here. Don't hate it, don't absolutely love it, but its ok. :)
  • imagekaliewaldeck:

imageSheilaE:

How can you possibly love 29?!?!?! To each their own :) I definitely wish I had your attitude about this place!

A huge part of it is attitude.  But I got really involved with the base and the actual community of 29 Palms.  My Dh was deployed for a year shortly after we moved there and moving back home wasn't something I wanted.  So I made the best of the area.  So I spent a year exploring the area, there is so much to do in the High Desert.  Have you been to the Integatron?  If you haven't go!  Just google it for more info.  That base has some of the best family support and it always has/had things for spouses, Marines, and families to do.  The town is very supportive.  I have friends that are locals, and they keep asking when we'll get back there!  LOL.   I miss it there.  I also really liked exploring SoCal, since you aren't too far away from anything in 29.  It's what you make of it.  If you sit in your house and hate it there, you'll hate it.  But if you get involved you'll find it's a great place.  Plus, I like dry heat. :)

And KC, I know you like it :)  We need to get back there together!  But maybe we'll rock NC when you get out here!  I'm actually already enjoying the area, minus the humidity. 

• I have to say it hasn't been terrible but we're now at that point when we're just like "ok, enough of the desert, we need a change!" Plus most of my friends have recently PCS'd so that kind of sucks. I'm just ready for civilization again, a barnes and noble and a target, a better chance at getting a job, greenery, and the occasional thunderstorm would be really nice.
  • We are in 29!  3 years also!
  • imagemisswhit85:
    I have to say it hasn't been terrible but we're now at that point when we're just like "ok, enough of the desert, we need a change!" Plus most of my friends have recently PCS'd so that kind of sucks. I'm just ready for civilization again, a barnes and noble and a target, a better chance at getting a job, greenery, and the occasional thunderstorm would be really nice.

It is monsoon season. lol Were you guys there when that massive storm shut down the town for 2 days? What a mess. I remember someone on myspace (lol) freaking out and asking "WHY does the entire place close down when one road gets washed away?" (She was talking about Adobe)

I was like "Uh, seriously? That's the only road..." lol

I know what you mean, though. I used to drive down the hill to go to Target since we won't shop at Wal-Mart and the exchange prices are ridiculous. Considering gas was over 4 dollars a gallon at that point, I didn't go very often, so I save a lot of money. haha

But yeah, I didn't realize how awesome it was until I left. The town is probably one of the more supportive military towns in So. Cal., the base is growing (bye bye, Bandini!), and there's a good mix of older Marines mixed with the younger Marines.  

5/100
    "So if you decide to date the guy from Applebees instead will your new SN be "mypearlshisapron?" Your new sig can be "putting the ho in nachos.""- DNBeach12
    PersonalMilestone
  • DH and I are in 29, just got here in May and I don't hate it yet...not a big fan of the heat though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was there 17 years ago, I'm sorry.  I hope you get to PCS soon!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageKiller Cupcake:

when that massive storm shut down the town for 2 days? What a mess.

Yep, we were here for that, and the snowstorm. I have to admit I love it when that stuff happens! This monsoon season is sucking so far. We had some very promising thunder clouds, I could even hear the thunder and smell the raing but all I ended up getting was this massive sandstorm that made my nostrils smell like dirt.

• imagekiliwicket:
    We're out here. Don't hate it, don't absolutely love it, but its ok. :)

I was just checking out your blog, we have the same couch :) How long have you guys been out here?

• imagemisswhit85:
    imageKiller Cupcake:

when that massive storm shut down the town for 2 days? What a mess.

Yep, we were here for that, and the snowstorm. I have to admit I love it when that stuff happens! This monsoon season is sucking so far. We had some very promising thunder clouds, I could even hear the thunder and smell the raing but all I ended up getting was this massive sandstorm that made my nostrils smell like dirt.

Ugh. I missed the snowstorm. I moved back to Vegas less than a week before it happened. It did snow in Vegas the same day, though, so I got a taste of it.

Oh my word, the sandstorms! There was a massive one last year the day before my H deployed. Power outage bad. We had to run on base (we were staying at the Motel 6. Don't ever do that, btw.) and there was one lone Marine standing in the middle of Del Valle and Adobe trying to direct traffic because the lights had gone out. They were in deserts at this point. You could barely see him standing there. It's a miracle he didn't get hit.

Did you know that if you have insurance through USAA, you can get your car repainted every 3 years you're out there because of that? Just a little tidbit I found so interesting.  

5/100
    PersonalMilestone
  • We are Miramar...so not too far!  Hubbys deployed for now though. 
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"