South Florida Babies
Options

potty regression

just curious if any of your lo have done this?

for the past 1.5 months mady has been completely potty trained...signs came on her own and i followed her lead. she is trained indoors/outdoors/beach/pool/naps/overnight. just recently (for the past 4 days) we're experiencing a regression of some sort. on the 1st day she would look straight at me and say "mami, mi pipi" and pee right in front of me on the floor. much like if it were a joke as if to catch my attention. on the 2nd day she would only do pee in her bed at naptime. on the 3rd and 4th day (last night) she has been peeing in her bed over night.

we have not gone back to diapers and i dont think putting a diaper on her will actually make her understand but in fact make her regress more. we have a potty chart method where i reward stickers for everyday she does a good job. the sticker chart is more than half full (its a 7 week chart) and these past few days ive been explaining to her why she doesnt get a sticker etc. i researched online and only came up with 2 things: a new baby or emotional stress.

not sure what type of emotional stress she could possibly be under, she is a happy kid. and as far as new baby, the baby isnt here yet so she doesnt see diapers in the house? i called my pedi and she said to bring her in if i see a change in behavior. along with regression she has also been waking up several times overnight and taking no naps (she naps everyday for 3 hrs!). im supposed to go today to pedi to check her out (possible uti, her 2 yr molars finally coming out? she does have a runny nose and is drooling a lot lately)

any ideas or advice?

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: potty regression

• Options
    Hugs my friend! I obviously have no real advice since my kid is still in diapers, but your being a good mommy by getting her to the pedi. I also agree going back to diapers isn't the right thing. I hope you can get Mady back on track soon!
  • Options

imageMariM:
    Hugs my friend! I obviously have no real advice since my kid is still in diapers, but your being a good mommy by getting her to the pedi. I also agree going back to diapers isn't the right thing. I hope you can get Mady back on track soon!

ty!!! i'm hoping the storm lets out by our 1:30 appt :)

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I obviously don't have the experience but at first I would've said it was her finally realizing the baby is coming and she no longer is "the baby". Just a way of her showing that she still needs to depend on you but now that you mentioned her runny nose, drooling, etc., there might be more to it then what I thought. Interested to see what the pedi tells you.

• Options

NORMAL! Don't pay attention to it. Don't make a big deal about it. Do NOT reprimand her.

Say, 'Maddy - remember, pee-pee goes in the toilet not in your ____" and change her when you get a moment. Do not stop what you are doing to change her. For instance, if you are in the middle of folding clothes or loading the dishwasher - finish what you are currently doing and then take her, sit her on the potty, then change her clothes.

Sophia went through something like this about the same amount of time after I thought we were done with "accidents" during naptime, nightime, and just during the day. Remember they are still babies and still learning. This does not have anything to do with Evan - yet - because he is not here yet. This is NORMAL.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    AlbahAlbah member
    Before getting to the end, I was thinking possibly a UTI...so taking her to the pedi is a great idea! Hope things get better soon!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    imageMellyMelB:

NORMAL! Don't pay attention to it. Don't make a big deal about it. Do NOT reprimand her.

Say, 'Maddy - remember, pee-pee goes in the toilet not in your ____" and change her when you get a moment. Do not stop what you are doing to change her. For instance, if you are in the middle of folding clothes or loading the dishwasher - finish what you are currently doing and then take her, sit her on the potty, then change her clothes.

Sophia went through something like this about the same amount of time after I thought we were done with "accidents" during naptime, nightime, and just during the day. Remember they are still babies and still learning. This does not have anything to do with Evan - yet - because he is not here yet. This is NORMAL.

this sounds like good advice! I'd do what MelB said!!!!
  • Options
    To add what MelB said- we usually cut Gaby's drinking intake 45 minutes before bedtime. For us this worked/s like a charm. Of course Gaby is older than Mady but it's part of the bedtime routine since she was being potty trained too and it just stuck. The last thing I want is to have a wake up call at 3am saying I peed my bed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"