Orange County Babies
Options

Birthing/Breastfeeding Classes

Hi gals,

I am looking into birthing classes and breastfeeding classes and am hoping for some suggestions. 

I've looked at the training through Hoag and the birthing class is pricier that I had anticipated.  If that is THE best place for it then I have no problem spending the $$ but I've heard that there are places that offer these for free or for less - I just don't anything about them or the quality.

Thanks in advance for your insight!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Birthing/Breastfeeding Classes

• Options

We also took ours at Pacificord, the teacher was great and the classes actually went a lot faster than I expected.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageAutumnandLou:

We also took ours at Pacificord, the teacher was great and the classes actually went a lot faster than I expected.

I did this as well. The nurse that teaches is awesome. I delivered at Hoag as well.

• Options

I delivered my son at Hoag and took the birthing classes there as I thought it would be the best thing to do since that was where we were delivering.  I thought the classes were extremely basic and didnt cover enough to be at all helpful for labor.  It was informative for DH since he knew absolutely nothing about babies, dilation of the cervix or the basic stages of labor, but overall I feel I could have sat him down and spent 30 minutes explaining such things to him and saved a lot of money and time.

This time around we are planning a home birth and are doing Bradley classes and the Hypnobabies home-study.  Though if you have any intention of having a natural hospital birth then the Bradley classes are really amazing for such a thing.  

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
    Home Birthing-Breastfeeding-Cloth Diapering-Baby Wearing-CoSleeping-Delayed/Selective Vaccination Mama to Charlie (5yrs) and Madeline (21mos)
  • Options

Thanks ladies - excellent info and extremely helpful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Another option is Lactation Lounge.  www.lactationlounge.com and I think they offer bump moms a discount.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"