Northern California Babies

8 week ultrasound and measuring ahead!

This morning we had an ultrasound at the REI clinic.  At 6 weeks, everything looked good and right on target (as far as my O date- I was positive I knew when I conceived, and the measurement confirmed it). 

According to today's ultrasound, the baby is measuring 3 days ahead.  My family has a history of very large babies, so I'm laughing about this news.  I know it may or may not mean anything, but I can't wait to tell my mom, who has been telling me tales of her 10 lb babies!

Anyway, we are thrilled that things are going so well, and my NP recommended that we wait until after our 10 week ultrasound to start sharing the news, so those 2 weeks just can't come soon enough!

ETA: We also got to hear the heartbeat this time, and DH got all choked up.  Aww....

Re: 8 week ultrasound and measuring ahead!

• That is wonderful! Waiting to share the news is so hard but at least it gives you some time to figure out a creative way to do so. As for measuring ahead at this point it doesn't mean much. DS measured about 3-7 days behind at his 6,8 and 12 week u/s but then ahead at his 18 week u/s and according to my Drs would have been a 8 pound baby if I had gone to 38+ weeks.
  • Congrats!

My DD always measured ahead 3-5 days early on, but at 40 weeks she was just barely over 7lbs. Both sides (DH's mom & my mom) both had 10lbs babies....me not even close....thank God :)

Mama to Z - 5.5 years, G - 3.5 years, & M - 1.5 years.
  • Loading the player...
  • Aw, yay!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I measured ahead in the early days as well.  By 10 weeks, I was almost a whole week ahead.  :)

Congrats on a great appointment!

• Congrats!! So exciting. Good luck waiting the next 2 weeks.
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Such good news! Congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMama_v2.0:

Congrats!

My DD always measured ahead 3-5 days early on, but at 40 weeks she was just barely over 7lbs. Both sides (DH's mom & my mom) both had 10lbs babies....me not even close....thank God :)

This makes me feel good, thank you!  Big Smile

• Congrats! I wasn't around when you shared, are you a regular under a hidden name or a new face ? Either way great news and I hope it continues that way!
  • SO exciting!  Looking forward to knowing who you are!!!
    Happy Takes Work A family blog.
    Money Matters The other half's blog.
    EJ is growing up too fast!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageI<3MYHUSBAND:
    Congrats! I wasn't around when you shared, are you a regular under a hidden name or a new face ? Either way great news and I hope it continues that way!

I'm a reg on the Nest, but not this board.  So people on this board who don't post/lurk on the Nest probably won't know me.  I'm using an ae only because I know a lot of Nesties IRL and my family/friends know that I post there.  We kept our TTC journey very private and are doing that with the pregnancy as well, at least until 10 weeks!  :)

• Congrats! I'm only a week ahead of you :) Getting my 2nd U/S tomorrow...hopefully I'll get to hear the heartbeat too!
  • Yay! CONGRATS!. I have a sneaking suspicion of who you are, but it's just a guess. I am so happy for you, GL!!! 
  • imageBettyBabymaker:

imageI<3MYHUSBAND:
    Congrats! I wasn't around when you shared, are you a regular under a hidden name or a new face ? Either way great news and I hope it continues that way!

I'm a reg on the Nest, but not this board.  So people on this board who don't post/lurk on the Nest probably won't know me.  I'm using an ae only because I know a lot of Nesties IRL and my family/friends know that I post there.  We kept our TTC journey very private and are doing that with the pregnancy as well, at least until 10 weeks!  :)

well, i CAN.NOT.WAIT to find out who you really are Wink

yay!

• Such exciting news. I was thinking about you yesterday b/c I remember that you use KP Santa clara and DH and I had our first appointment @ the REI clinic yesterday.

So exciting to hear the heartbeat. I'm so happy for you and hoping it is smooth sailing from here. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations!  So glad to hear all is going well for you.  =)

Here's to a quick 2 weeks so you can start sharing the exciting news!! 

My Scrapbooking Blog: www.noeyspaper.blogspot.com BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"