Michigan Babies
Options

Pediatrician Recommendations

edited July 2021 in Michigan Babies
I live in Hudsonville and my son's pediatrician only works 2 days a week and I don't like the other doctors in her practice.  It is very hard to get in to see her and I am worried about trying to see her with a newborn.  Does anyone have any recommendations for the Hudsonville area that is not Georgetown Physicians?

Re: Pediatrician Recommendations

• Options

I'm not sure about Hudsonville, but I see Dr. Mantia at Grandville Pediatrics on Wilson and Chicago Drive.  He is very knowledgeable and great with my son.  He recently found a partner who I have heard is wonderful.  I also reccomend ABC pediatrics on Ivenrest in Grandville.  There are 5 docs in the practice.  Dr. Taylor is a little older, but awesome!  The newest addition, Dr. Boutell, is fresh off her residency but a great doctor.  She did her Residency at DeVos Children's Hospital where I work and I loved her.  I am actually thinking about switching offices because Dr. Mantia gets very busy.

Good Luck!

• Options
    Thank you for the recommendations!  I will have to check into them and they are not to far from where we live.  Thanks again!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you want to travel to Holland, Dr. Wendy Zink is fabulous!
  • Options

I second the recommendation for Dr. Mantia.  His office staff are great and I have never had a problem getting a question answered.  The other thing I LOVE is that every time I go in, I see the doctor.  Not the nurse, not a NP, or PA, but Dr. Mantia himself. 

I will also mention that he is affiliated with GRAPES (Grand Rapids Area Pediatric Emergency Service).  This is great for after hours or weekends when you need to see a doctor.  It's staffed by area pediatricians so your baby will actually see a pediatrician in those afterhour emergencies, instead of going to the med center or ER. 

• Options
    Makes me feel a bit reassured to know that I am not the only one who has issues with Georgetown Physicians!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"