Baby Showers
Options

Shower favor ideas???

Does anyone have any ideas for baby shower favors other than what's found on the typical favor websites? I would like to present my guests with something that isn't going to collect dust on a shelf or in a drawer or hit the trash as soon as shower is over and also, nothing edible. Something useful, practical and clever which my guests will walk away happy to have received. So far, the only things i can find online are egg timers, candles, coffee scoops, etc. I do like the purse hanger idea, but not sure if they really work as promised. Any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated. Good luck to everyone!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Shower favor ideas???

• Options
    I like the purse hanger idea. I have one and it works really good. I don't like candles and things like that as favors. Cookies or other edibles like m&m's are usually good. I've gotten tiny bottle candles and once a ceramic bear with the baby's name on it. The problem is what do you do with these things when you get home. Answer: Trash. Why waste the money and effort for something people aren't going to want?
  • Options

I've gotta be honest - you should do something edible, because the rest of the ideas are going to end up being junk to someone at the shower.  I hate taking favors from a shower that I have to "find a use for." Edible means that I can eat it and then it's gone.  That is the BEST TYPE OF FAVOR.

As for the purse hanger - I would be annoyed - since I already have one.  I would donate it or toss it.  And then what is the point of spending that money on favors?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You also don't have to have favors at a baby shower. Mine was a coed cookout and we had a ton of food, It's a Girl mints, Dove chocolates, cupcakes and cake. We had food leftover and just let people take stuff home if they wanted anything.
  • Options
    we are doing bath salts with a tag that says" from my shower to your bath". or you can do soap. I think that is a good idea.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagesoontobeabrown:
    we are doing bath salts with a tag that says" from my shower to your bath". or you can do soap. I think that is a good idea.

My cousin did this and I thought it was adorable... and her note said "thanks for showering my mother with love"

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We're going to do hand soaps from Bath and Body Works. We'll tie a ribbon/decoration on them to make them tie in with everything else. They're on sale for 7/$16 this weekend.
  • Options
    Edible is the way to go.  Anything else will become trash to someone.  
  • Options
    imageCrazyToast:

I've gotta be honest - you should do something edible, because the rest of the ideas are going to end up being junk to someone at the shower.

I agree.  People appreciate edible favors b/c they don't have to feel bad throwing it away.  We are doing Jordan Almonds wrapped in tulle with a cute bow and also cookies shaped like baby items.

• Options
    I know you don't want to do edibles but it's probably the best route...For my sis-in-law's shower I created a CandyLand Theme and for the favors guest took home a candy treat bag that they prepared from our deliciously prepared candy buffet! It was a hit!
  • Options

Frankly, if it isn't edible, I probably don't want it. I don't use bath salts, I wouldn't use an egg timer, I might not like the particular scent of B&BW soap or candle....

If you're going to do favors, which aren't necessary for showers anyway, I would definitely do edible.

I considered doing cookie favors for the shower I'm throwing, but with our large guest list, I'm just skipping them since nobody will miss them.

• Options

I've heard those purse hanger things work and I would be so stoked to get one for a shower favor!! 

Saying that, my favorite favor I've ever received was a wedding shower favor, it was a teaspoon set, and said something like "love beyond measure" or something like that.  I use them all the time, and think it could work as a baby shower favor too.  I liked the heart wine cork too, but I never use that.  The rest of the favors I've received gets eaten or thrown out/given away. 

• Options
    I love when I get unusual, practical favors. I like treats (I know you said no to edible favors) but I also LOVED getting plant seeds for a shower in the spring.
  • Options
    See if you can play off the theme... I just hosted shower for a friend and I did an airplane theme (dad's a pilot & this is the nursery theme),  So for the favors I did a luggage tag and travel sized bath and body works products. People commented throughout the whole shower about how useful the gifts were.
  • Options

I threw a Dr Seuss-themed baby shower and gave the guests tote bags.  They weren't very expensive to make.  I just bought plain canvas bags in bulk and printed iron on appliques.  The image was the Lorax since the bags were an environmentally green thing.  They make great grocery bags so I think they were useful to guests and cute.

• Options
    The hostesses for my shower are going to give away potted bamboo plants.  That might be something different and its supposed to be good luck for the recipient.
  • Options
    I LOVE LOVE that idea! Sounds like it could be expensive, but i will do a little research - maybe not too bad if I am buying alot - they should cut me a deal. THANK YOU!!! Best of luck to you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"