TTC after 35
Options

Had my IVF baby (only if you want to read)

So many of you were inspirations to me when I was going through years of IF treatment.  I had the odds against me (as my RE- Dr. Evil Downer) liked to tell me so I am only posting to give others hope. 

I'm 43 and DH has severe MFI.  I am a poor responder to the meds and only made 4 follies.  My 1st IVF was converted to IUI because I responded so poorly.  From the 4 follies, they got 7 eggs, 4 of which fertilized through ICSI. Because of my age and the fact it was our last IVF we could afford, we transferred all 4 embies. 

From that, came Allison Brooke - born Tuesday 3 1/2 weeks early via c-section because of pre-eclampsia.  Even at 3 1/2 weeks early, she was 8lb, 4oz - my doctor said she would have easily been a 10 pound baby.  Because of my pregnancy complications (pre-e), I spent the last 3 weeks in the hospital before having the c-section so I've gotten to know my hospital better than I ever wanted- but it's been worth it.

I will always feel connected to you ladies and this board.  You were tremendous help to me when I was on this roller coaster of a ride with all the highs and lows of IF.  I truly hope you all get BFP's soon and I'll be thinking of you- always.

Jill 

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Had my IVF baby (only if you want to read)

• Options
    She's beautiful! Congrats and enjoy every second with her.
    1 ectopic 3 m/c's prior to 5/05 Un-freaking-explained IF 5/05 IVF, BFN 9/05 FET 3d5e, BFP = Beautiful Baby Girl (lucky pg #5) 8/08 Fet 3d5e, cp 12/08 IVF with PGD, transfer 3, BFN 5/09 FET transfer 4, BFN Hail Mary IUI with Follistim 9/11 BFP; 9/22 confirmed tubal/MTX 4/10 FET 3d5e, BFP!!!! m/c 5/26/10 1 year break and yet another m/c 5/11 FET #5 initial beat 121, second beta 7 Lap and removal of L tube and very mild endo 7/11 Suprise BFP 12/11 & m/c @ 8 wks. After 11 losses and one beautiful miracle our journey is over, we are thankful and at peace.
  • Options

Oh Jill...thanks for the wonderful story..against the odds! I love it.

SHE IS ADORABLE! Hold her for a few extra minutes today for me! and kiss that baby head one extra time for me!

Congrats!

"Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    aaawww Jill...she's adorable!  Congrats on Allison's arrival!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jcathjcath member
    She's absolutely beautiful - I can almost smell that sweet baby smell through the picture.  Thanks for the inspiring story - I need a reminder that it can happen.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Beautiful baby girl!  Thanks so much for sharing.  I love to hear inspirational stories like yours!!
  • Options

What an amazing journey you had.  Congratulations and thanks.  :)

• Options

congrats - she's beautiful! I had a similar experience with DD #1. We were diagnosed with low motility and low morphology (MFI basically) and I was a poor responder to meds during my first ever IVF treatment - I know we only had 3 at transfer, with 2 being really good and 1 being so so. We conceived DD after 2 years from that first IVF with ICSI so it was definitely all worth it.

(We also just had our 2nd DD and by some miracle conceived her naturally the first month after a failed IVF with ICSI attempt).

• Options
    Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl!
  • Options
    Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl!  And thank you for giving us all hope and inspiration.
    Mother of a beautiful little boy 11/01/07! Expecting #2 EDD 9/28/11 What a wonderful surprise!!!
  • Options
    She's so beautiful!  Congratulations!
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Options
    OscarQOscarQ member
    Thank you for posting your story.  She is beautiful!
  • Options
    Thanks for coming over to post.  I can't believe your pregnancy has gone by so quickly.  Congrats she's beautiful!
  • Options
    Congratulations Jill she is gorgeous! As I start IVF #1 I appreciate you sharing your story.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Options
    steverstever member
    Yay!!! Welcome to the world, beautiful girl!
  • Options
    Congratulations on your gorgeous new baby girl, Jill!!  Hope you're feeling better, too.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    congratulations!  You have an adorable family.  =)
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Options
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    QE2QE2 member
    Congratulations, Jill!! You inspire me to stay on this road just as I'm thinking of giving up. Thank you and congrats again :)
    TTC since 3/08 DOR, High FSH, Hypothyroid, Uterine Polyps, blocked tube, MFI, 5 rounds of clomid, 5 IVF attempts, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 natural conceptions=2 losses (Methotrexate, D&C) Successful DE cycle twins born 10/7/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats...what a pretty baby and cute older brother.  Very inspiring story.  I'm super happy for you.
  • Options
    She is beautiful, congratulations!!!!  When she's old enough, you can tell her she had lots of "internet godmothers" wishing her the best of everything!
  • Options
    YAY!  Congratulations!  I'm so happy for you.
  • Options
    Oh, she's beautiful! Congratulations!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageredsoxbono:
    She is beautiful, congratulations!!!!  When she's old enough, you can tell her she had lots of "internet godmothers" wishing her the best of everything!

Thanks everyone for your good wishes. 

Redsoxbono- that is super sweet- thanks- even if you are a Red Sox fan.  Go Yankees!   One less godmother now? LOL!

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Options
    Oh congratulations!!!  She is so cute!!!

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• Options
    What a wonderful inspiration!  Congrats to you!
    TTC since 3/07. IVF#1 = canceled. IVF#2 = 0% fertilization. IVF#3 = BFN. IVF#4 = c/p.  
    Moving forward with Adoption 2017!
  • Options
    Both of your children are adorable!  Congrats on Allison's arrival and for giving me hope that this will all work out in the end! 
  • Options
    Congratulations Jill!  She is absolutely gorgeous!
  • Options

I remember you!  Your baby and son are adorable!  You must on cloud 9Smile

Congratulations

• Options

Hi Jill,

I posted on your 7/21 post on the other board.

I'm so thrilled for you!

carrie

• Options

Jill! Congratulations! Adorable litle one. So happy for you.

• Options
    Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"